Saddle up for a horseback trail ride through the beautiful winding trails and wooded landscapes of Indiana!
- During the 1-hour ride, you'll traverse the terrain on a western-style saddle
- Ride gentle, well-trained horses along the winding, scenic trails that back up to Brown County State Park
- Friendly staff will pair you with the best horse for your size, stature and riding ability
- No riding experience necessary!
Hop on the back of a sturdy steed while you ride along winding scenic wooded nature trails backing up to Brown County State Park.
Experienced staff will pair you with the perfect horse based on your size, stature and riding ability. The 1-hour, guided, walking trail ride will move you along wonderful terrain allowing you to sit back, relax and enjoy your time in nature.
Get a taste of the Old West in Nashville, Indiana when you spend time on a dude ranch nestled in beautiful Brown County!
- Participants must be at least 7 years old and weigh no more than 250 pounds
- Closed-toe shoes are required
- Running and/or trotting will not be permitted
Approximately 1 hour
Up to 10 riders per tour, 1 rider per horse.
This experience is only for those booked.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Jeans are recommended and closed-toe shoes are required.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no cancellations or refunds will be given but you may reschedule your tour with at least 72 hours advance notice. If you are more than 30 minutes late to your booked tour, rescheduling will be subject to horse availability of that day.
Do I need riding experience?
No experience is necessary. The horses are even tempered and relaxed, which creates a safer environment for first time riders.
Are there age limits?
Yes, all participants must be at least 7 years old. Each rider will have their own horse. Due to safety concerns younger children cannot ride with an adult.
Are the horses gentle?
The horses are very gentle, but keep in mind they are still large animals. The guides follow strict safety rules that allow the guests to enjoy these beautiful animals while remaining safe.
Will the horses trot or run?
No, the horses have been trained to walk the trails.
What if it rains?
There are 3 things that prevent the groups from riding: lightning, ice and severe cold. This experience may still run in rain, always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
Do I have to wear a helmet?
You do not have to wear a helmet if you are over the age of 18 and sign a waiver. Helmets will be provided to anyone under the age of 18 or anyone that would like to wear one.
Other Indianapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 27 Indianapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Ride Along - IndyFrom: $135Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Drive a NASCAR - Indy SpeedwayFrom: $588Avg Rating of: 4(2)
- Massachusetts Avenue Food TourFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Aerobatic Biplane Thrill RideFrom: $220Avg Rating of: 5(17)
- Intro to Aerial AcrobaticsFrom: $325
- Zipline Canopy TourFrom: $75
- Dragster Thrill RideFrom: $149
- Drive a DragsterFrom: $349Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Side-by-Side Camaro CompetitionFrom: $399
- All Indianapolis Experiences
"It was supposed to be a romantic horseback riding experience for two, which two other people were there, but that's okay! But we really didn't understand the romantic part because it was basically just horseback riding! We had fun! And we would recommend it to others, and will probably go back again. Thank you!"
"Amazing time! People were great and the experience was wonderful! We would definitely go back and do it again."
"We had a wonderful time. If I had one complaint it was that our time there was too short. It would be nice if they offered more than just a one hour ride. There was a lot of other things to do there as well. We will definitely go back, next time with the entire family. Also thinking about a family reunion there. While we were there they were setting up for a wedding, it was beautiful. The town nearby (Nashville) was a lot of fun if you like to shop and eat! Cute place. We later went to the state park there (Brown County) and ended up going riding again there. Also a great place to ride. They actually let us ride the horses a little (not just follow along), of course we were the only ones on the trail :)"