Indianapolis Regional Airport - Greenfield, IN
May through Early-November:
*Pending pilot availability
- Train with a highly trained, FAA Certified Flight Instructor with over 20 years of flying experience
- Spend 1.5 hours in pre-flight training before your 1-hour acrobatic flight
- Take the controls of a 2001 Pitts S2C and try loops, rolls, hammerheads and Cuban rolls on this thrilling aerial adventure!
Experience an unparalleled adrenaline rush when you perform stunts you never imagined you could with this Intro to Aerial Acrobatics lesson in a Pitts S2C aircraft!
Your aerial adventure will begin when you meet your FAA CertifiedFlight Instructor for an 1.5 hour pre-flight training. With 20 years of flying experience and countless acrobatic air shows, you'll be learning from one of the best acrobatic pilots out there!
Once you've learned the basics of acrobatic flight, you'll climb into the Pitts S2C aircraft and get ready for take-off. Once airborne, you'll take the controls and try your hand at loops, rolls, hammerheads, Cuban 8's and other maneuvers during the approximately 1-hour flight. Climb into the aircraft and discover the thrill of flying!
- Participants must be at least 13 years of age
- Participants must weigh no more than 260 pounds
- This experience is not recommended for pregnant women or anyone with heart problems
Total duration is approximately 2.5-3 hours with approximately 1 hour of flight time (engine start to engine stop).
1 per plane
Allowed, you can watch the plane take-off and land.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 3 weeks in advance. The pilots schedule does fluctuate, but he usually blocks off at least 2 or 3 weekend dates per month for these flights.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Do I need any flying experience?
No flying experience is necessary! You'll go over what to expect during the pre-flight briefing and have an experienced and highly-trained flight instructor with you throughout the experience.
Are there any age or weight restrictions?
Participants must be at least 13 years of age and weigh no more than 260 pounds.
What if I start to get motion sickness?
If you start to feel any discomfort or motion sickness during this experience, the flight can be adjusted to your comfort level. Choose to perform more loops or try straight and level flying if you are uncomfortable.
What type of aircraft will we fly in for this aerial acrobatics lesson?
This flight will take place in a Pitts S2C aircraft.
Other Indianapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 32 Indianapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $305
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $159
- Aerobatic Biplane Thrill RideAvg Rating of: 5(26)From: $220
- Drive a NASCAR - Indy SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 4(4)From: $588
- NASCAR Ride Along - IndyAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $135
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure Course - Indianapolis, INAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $58
- Zipline Canopy Tour - Nashville, INFrom: $75
- Massachusetts Avenue Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $55
- Fountain Square Food TourFrom: $65
- All Indianapolis Experiences
"This was truly an experience of a lifetime. Billy is a very accomplished pilot and made sure the ride was within the comfort level of the passenger. He explained things while doing the maneuvers, which was a great learning lesson. His enthusiasm with flying is obvious and made the whole experience even that much more enjoyable. I would highly recommend him to anyone and encourage all to follow him on the air show circuit."
"Billy was GREAT! I had the most amazing time flying with him. He always checked to make sure I was doing okay after all of the insane tricks and flips that we did in the air, and he made the experience so much fun! I would recommend him to EVERYONE that wanted to get a little "G-Force therapy"! :)"