Learn to Fly
Indianapolis Regional Airport - Greenfield, IN
Daily - 8:00 AM to Dusk
*Pending pilot's availability
Jump into the pilot's seat and learn to fly in Indianapolis with this once in a lifetime introductory flight lesson!
- Personal instruction from an experienced, FAA-Certified Flight Instructor
- Learn to Fly in a Cessna 172, the most popular training aircraft in the world
- 1.5 hour introductory flight that gives you ample time to take the controls and try a few maneuvers
- No experience necessary!
If you've ever dreamed of flying, but didn't know where to start, this introductory flight lesson is the experience for you!
Your lesson will begin with a 15-30 minute, pre-flight briefing with your FAA-Certified Instructor. This will give you the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the aircraft prior to take-off. Before you know it, you'll be climbing into the cockpit of a Cessna 172 aircraft and racing down the runway!
Your instructor will handle take-off and landing, but you will have plenty of time to take the controls during this approximately 1.5 hour flight. You will get to practice gentle turns and level flight under the careful guidance of your instructor.
Your first flight is truly a memorable occasion. If you'd like to bring along a friend to experience the joy of flight with you, you may bring up to 1 spectating passenger. Upon landing, you will be given a complimentary logbook so you can officially log your first flight. Should you choose to pursue your pilot's license afterward, this flight will count toward your hours!
- Students may bring along 1 passenger with a maximum combined weight of 500 pounds
- Students must be below 6'9" tall and weigh less than 300 pounds
- Students under 18 years old must have a parent present with written consent
- Participants are required to present a valid passport or driver's license
Approximately 2 hours, including 15-30 minutes of ground instruction and approximately 90 minutes flight time (engine start to engine stop)
1 student and 1 passenger as long as the combined weight is less than 500 pounds.
You may bring along 1 passenger to share the experience and enjoy the view! Additional spectators are allowed to spectate take-off and landings from the airport.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event of inclement weather, you will reschedule with your pilot.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions, no open-toe shoes are permitted.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation no cancellations are allowed however, rescheduling is allowed at least 5 days prior to your scheduled experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule with at least 5 days notice will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Do I need to have flight experience?
No! This is an introductory flight and is designed to be a fun and exciting introduction to flying. If you choose to pursue your pilot's license, this flight will count toward your hours.
Can I bring a passenger?
Yes, you can bring 1 passenger with you to enjoy the flight. It's a memorable experience so share it with a friend!
What if my flight is canceled due to weather?
We always recommend contacting your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is canceled due to weather, you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
Other Indianapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 31 Indianapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $305
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $159
- Aerobatic Biplane Thrill RideAvg Rating of: 5(26)From: $220
- Drive a NASCAR - Indy SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 4(4)From: $588
- NASCAR Ride Along - IndyAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $135
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure Course - Indianapolis, INAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $58
- Zipline Canopy Tour - Nashville, INFrom: $75
- Massachusetts Avenue Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $55
- Fountain Square Food TourFrom: $65
- All Indianapolis Experiences