Indianapolis Metropolitan Airport - Fishers, IN
Daily - 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Fly with an FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Begin your experience with about 30-45 minutes of ground training
- Take the controls and practice skills such as straight and level flying, climbing, descending and hovering during your approximately 30-minute flight
- Share your experience with up to 2 passengers
- No experience necessary!
If you've ever wondered what it would be like to man the controls of a state-of-the-art helicopter and fly high above the skyline, this is your chance to find out!
Your introductory flight lesson begins when you meet your FAA Certified Flight Instructor. Together, you will spend about 30-45 minutes on the ground going over the controls and learning about your helicopter. Depending on the option selected, you will be learning to fly in either a Robinson R-22 or R-44 helicopter, both among the most popular training aircrafts in the world! After ground school and the completion of a pre-flight checklist, it will be time for you and your instructor to climb into the helicopter and prepare for take-off!
Your instructor will handle take-off and landing but once in the air, you'll take the controls and discover first hand the thrill of flight. During your approximately 30 minute flight, you may have the opportunity to try straight and level flying, climbs, turns and descents!
Your first flight can be an exciting and memorable time. If you would like to share this experience with a friend or loved one (or both), you may opt to bring along up to 2 passengers, pending combined weight restrictions. It's a memory you will all share for years to come!
Whether learning to fly is an item on your bucket list or the first, exploratory step toward becoming a pilot, this Learn to Fly a Helicopter experience in Indianapolis is not to be missed!
- Students may not exceed 215 pounds to fly in the R-22 (Lesson for Student Only)
- Individuals in the R-44 must weigh no more than 270 pounds with a combined weight of 540 pounds (Lesson for Student+ Up To 2 Passengers)
- Students exceeding 215 pounds must book the "Lesson for Student + Up To 2 Passengers" due to weight requirements
- A valid government issued ID is required
- Participants must be 14 years or older to fly the helicopter, passengers must be at least 4 years old with adult supervision
- A parental consent form must be signed for anyone under 18 years old
- No flying experience is necessary
Plan to be at the airport for about 90 minutes with approximately 30 minutes of flight and 30-45 minutes of ground school.
The maximum number of participants is dependent on the option selected. One pilot and one student will be in the R-22 helicopter. One pilot, one student and up to two passengers (pending weight restrictions) are allowed in the R-44 helicopter.
This experience is for the booked participants only
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions, flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended. Loose clothing is not permitted.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel/reschedule at least 72 hours prior will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider at no cost.
Do I need previous flight experience?
No! This introductory flight lesson is perfect for first-timers!
Is there a minimum age requirement for this flight lesson?
Yes. Students must be at least 14 years old with parental consent to fly. Passengers must be at least 4 years old with an accompanying parent as a passenger.
What happens in the case of bad weather?
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider directly if you have any concerns regarding weather. If the provider needs to cancel your flight due to inclement weather, they will contact you at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled flight time.
Other Indianapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 32 Indianapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $305
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $159
- Aerobatic Biplane Thrill RideAvg Rating of: 5(26)From: $220
- Drive a NASCAR - Indy SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 4(4)From: $588
- NASCAR Ride Along - IndyAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $135
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure Course - Indianapolis, INAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $58
- Zipline Canopy Tour - Nashville, INFrom: $75
- Massachusetts Avenue Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $55
- Fountain Square Food TourFrom: $65
- All Indianapolis Experiences