December - June:
Monday through Saturday - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- FAA certified flight instructor with over 40 years experience
- Take the controls and fly a Robinson R-22, the world's most popular instruction helicopter
- No experience necessary
- Begin your flight experience with a ground lesson before taking to the sky for breathtaking views of Coachella Valley below!
Jump in the pilot's seat and take to the sky on this Learn to Fly a Helicopter experience near Palm Desert!
Begin with a ground lesson and pre-flight helicopter inspection to learn about the controls, safety and basic theory of helicopter flight. With an FAA certified flight instructor by your side, buckle up, start the engine and get ready to fly!
This is a once-in-a-lifetime bird's eye view of the stunning landscape below unique to Coachella Valley, Palm Desert and Palm Springs.
- Maximum weight of 220 pounds and height of 6'6"
- Participants must be at least 13 years of age
- No experience necessary
Plan on being on-site for 2 hours with approximately 40 minutes of flight time to include enough time for ground school, orientation, etc.
1 student per helicopter
Spectators are welcome to watch take-off and landing. Don't forget a camera!
This experience is weather dependent. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for expected weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is there an age requirement?
Participants must be at least 13 years of age.
Is there a height or weight restriction?
The participant must be no taller than 6'6" and weigh no more than 220 pounds.
Can I bring a passenger?
This flight lesson takes place in a Robinson R-22 helicopter with room only for 1 participant.
Do I need previous experience?
No! This hands-on, introductory lesson is designed for beginners.
What if my flight is cancelled due to inclement weather?
In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather you will reschedule directly with the pilot. It is recommended to contact the pilot the day of your experience with any questions regarding weather.
Other Inland Empire Gift Ideas:(View all 27 Inland Empire experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a FerrariFrom: $299
- Race a Lamborghini - FontanaFrom: $299
- Temecula Sunrise Balloon RideFrom: $168
- Bridge to Nowhere Bungee JumpFrom: $149
- NASCAR Ride AlongFrom: $100
- Drive a NASCARFrom: $355
- Military Flight SimulatorAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $59
- Boeing Flight Simulator ExperienceFrom: $98
- Winery Jeep TourAvg Rating of: 4(2)From: $130
- All Inland Empire Experiences