Daytona International Speedway - Daytona, FL
Get ready to experience NASCAR racing like never before with the Drive a NASCAR experience at the Daytona International Speedway! Strap on your helmet and buckle up. Its time for the thrill of a lifetime!
- Drive full-size, 600 horsepower Sprint Cup style stock cars
- Hit top racing speeds up to 160 MPH!
- Includes race car driving suit, helmet, and driving instruction
- Options range from 8 to 24 laps of racing (dont worry, even 8 laps is a long time at 150+ MPH!)
- Receive a graduation pack including a detailed lap time sheet and certificate with your top speed
If youve always dreamed of being a race car driver, the Drive a NASCAR Race car experience is the experience for you! Get behind the wheel of a real Sprint Cup style stock car, and race around the Daytona International Speedway just like the pros!
Your experience will start with a safety overview and driving instruction, teaching you how to master the tracks driving line, acceleration and deceleration points, and following distances.
Now its time to take control of your race car. Get ready to put the pedal to the metal, and experience an adrenaline rush only known to the drivers in the NASCAR racing world!
To ensure that you get the most out of your driving experience, youll have your own racing instructor riding in the passenger seat, providing your with feedback, and coaching via a two-way radio system.
Upon completion of your experience, there will be a Closing Ceremony where youll receive a graduation pack, including a detailed lap-time sheet, and an official graduation certificate showing your top speed reached.
About the Daytona International Speedway
Known as The World Center of Racing, The Daytona International Speedway is an asphalt, 2.5-mile, tri-oval track. Complete with 4 intense turns, 31 degree banks and a 3.800 foot straightaway, you do not want to miss the opportunity to take on this track for yourself!
- Participants must be in good overall physical condition, and must be able to climb through a 15" x 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground
- Driving suits are available up to size 4XL
- Participants must be at least 18 years old with a valid driver's license
- It's recommended to be able to drive a manual (stick shift) transmission, but a push-start is available if needed
- Photo and In-Car Video DVDs are available for purchase at the track. Photo packages start at approximately $20, and DVD packages at approximately $89
- Experience price includes $39 driver's fee that releases the driver from any liability "...for most damage caused to the car resulting from and incident/crash at the track. Only in the event that a driver intentionally or negligently fails to follow instructions which leads to an incident/crash will the racing school seek financial recompense for resulting damage to the vehicle"
For 8 Lap packages, approximately 2.5 - 3 hours For 16 Lap packages, approximately 3 - 3.5 hours For 24 Lap packages, approximately 3 - 4 hours
1 per car
Absolutely! The track has a special seating area set up where family and friends can watch, and don't forget a camera to capture your experience!
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact your experience provider in the event of inclement weather. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, you will be given the option to reschedule for a mutually agreeable date or be issued a rain certificate.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, weather appropriate attire that will be comfortable under your driver's suit, and closed toed shoes. No sandals, flip-flops or heels.
For this experience we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. For rescheduling more than 30 days prior to your scheduled experience date, a $75 fee will be charged. No cancellations or rescheduling may be made less than 30 days prior to your scheduled experience date.
What types of cars are used?
600 horsepower Sprint Cup style stock cars that have 4 speed manual transmissions.
Is passing allowed?
For safety and liability reasons passing is not allowed. There are 3-4 cars on the track at one time but everyone is spread apart. The coordinator keeps tracks of each car's individual speed and times/choreographs everything so that the faster car will not be held up by the slower one.
What is provided and what do I need to bring?
All participants are provided with a regulation helmet and safety device, as well as a driver's suit. Participants need to wear socks, closed-toed shoes, and clothes that will be comfortable under the driver's suit.
Are there weight or height restrictions?
Not exactly; however, the cars do not have doors. Participants must have the ability to climb through a 15" high by 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground. Driving suits are available up to size 3XL.
Are there age restrictions?
Participants must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license, and must be able to drive a manual (stick shift) transmission.
Are foods or beverages available at the track?
Snacks and refreshments are available for purchase at the merchandise trailer.
Are any photo or video packages of my experience available?
Yes, DVDs of your experience taken from an in-car video camera are available for purchase directly at the track starting at approximately $89, and photo packages of your experience are available starting at approximately $20.
Can I bring guests?
Friends and family are more than welcome. The more the merrier! There is a viewing area right behind pit road where they can watch. They are also welcome to bring their cameras and camcorders with them to take pictures and video from that viewing area.
Other Jacksonville Gift Ideas:(View all 19 Jacksonville experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Ride Along at DaytonaAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $144
- Drive a NASCAR Race Car at DaytonaFrom: $620
- Learn to FlyFrom: $99
- Romantic Couples FlightFrom: $224
- Sunset Heli Tour (for 2+)From: $318
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $412
- Sunset Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $200
- Porpoise Pt. Heli Tour (for 2+)From: $180
- All Jacksonville Experiences