Herlong Airport - Jacksonville, FL
Daily - 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Fly with an experienced, FAA-Certified Flight Instructor by your side
- Pre-flight ground school and safety briefing inlcuded
- Man the controls of a Cessna 162 or 172SP aircraft - the most popular training planes int he world
- Choose between 30 and 60-minute flight options
- Option to bring along a passenger
- No experience necessary!
Think you have what it takes to pilot a plane? Prove it with this Learn to Fly experience in Jacksonville!
Your aerial adventure will begin with a meet and greet with your friendly, FAA-Certified Flight Instructor. Together, you will complete a standard pre-flight check list and ground school. This briefing will help you to become familiar with the aircraft and prepare you for your flight. For the 30-minute flight option, the ground school will last approximately 30 minutes while the ground school for the 60-minute flight is approximately 60 minutes.
Before you know it, it will be time to climb into the cockpit and take-off! For this lesson, you will be flying in either a Cessna 162 (student only) or Cessna 172SP (student and passenger) aircraft. Cessna planes are among the safest and most popular training aircrafts in the world, so you will be able to taxi down the runway in confidence. Your instructor will handle take-off and landing, but once you've hit cruising altitude, you'll take control of the plane!
During your 30 or 60 minute flight, you will have the opportunity to man the controls and practice basic maneuvers with your instructor guiding you the whole time.
Experience the thrill of a lifetime when you Learn to Fly in Jacksonville!
- All students and passengers must have a valid form of identification such as a passport or driver's license
- The combined weight of the student and passenger (optional) must not exceed 550 pounds
- Participants must be able to fit comfortably in a standard car seat belt
- No experience necessary
Depending on flight selected, you can plan on being at the airport for approximately 1.5-2.5 hours.
This experience can have up to 1 student and 1 passenger. Weight restrictions apply.
Spectators are welcome to observe take off and landing from the airport.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of a cancelled flight lesson due to weather, you will reschedule directly with your pilot.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. No open toed shoes are permitted.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed with at least 72 hours notice to your experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
What do I need to bring with me to the airport?
Please bring a valid form of identification such as a Driver's License or Passport to your flight lesson.
What type of plane is used?
This flying experience takes place in one of the most used training aircrafts in the world, the Cessna. Depending on the option selected, you will be in a Cessna 162 (1 student) or a Cessna 172 (1 student + 1 passenger).
Is previous flight experience necessary?
No! This introductory flight is designed for first-time flyers.
Is there an age limit?
It is recommended that participants be at least 10 years.
Other Jacksonville Gift Ideas:(View all 19 Jacksonville experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Ride Along at DaytonaAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $144
- Drive a NASCAR Race Car at DaytonaFrom: $620
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $99
- Romantic Couples FlightFrom: $224
- Sunset Heli Tour (for 2+)From: $318
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $412
- Sunset Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $200
- Porpoise Pt. Heli Tour (for 2+)From: $180
- All Jacksonville Experiences
"Absolutely amazing!! This was one of the greatest experiences of my life. My expectations were super high and they still got blown out of the water! The aviation school and Cloud 9 Living really knocked it out of the park! Our instructor, Mason, was knowledgeable and really fun! This experience was just what I needed to get inspired to follow my dream of getting my pilot's license. Hands down, the best birthday gift ever!!!"