Kansas Speedway - Kansas City, KS
Seasonal Dates Only:
AM times are typically 9:00 AM
PM times are typically 12 PM and 2:30 PM
* Schedule is subject to change
Experience firsthand the thrill and excitement of racecar driving with the Drive a NASCAR Race Car experience at the Kansas Speedway! Strap on your helmet and buckle up! It's time to put the pedal to the metal!
- Drive full size, 600 horsepower NASCAR style race cars
- Hit top racing speeds up to 150 MPH!
- Racecar driving suit, helmet, and driving instruction included
- Options range from 8 to 30 laps of racing (don't worry, even 8 laps is a lot at 150 MPH!)
- Receive a graduation pack, including a detailed lap time sheet and a certificate printed with your top speed
Have you ever dreamed of driving a racecar? It's time to make that dream a reality as you take control with the Drive a NASCAR Race Car experience at the Kansas Speedway!
Your experience will begin with a classroom session where you will learn how to master the track's driving line, acceleration and deceleration points, and proper following distances. Next, you'll learn about the cars, including shift patterns, safety devises, and more.
Now it's time to put on your helmet, buckle up, and get behind the wheel of your race car! Get ready to put the pedal to the metal, and experience an adrenaline rush only known to professional drivers!
To ensure that you get the most out of your driving experience, you'll have your own personal racing instructor riding in the passenger seat, providing you with feedback and coaching via a two-way open mic radio system.
Upon completion of your laps, there will be a Closing Ceremony where you'll receive a graduation pack including a detailed lap-time sheet, and an official certificate printed with your top speed!
About the Kansas Speedway
Kansas Speedway is a 1.5-mile, asphalt, tri-oval. Built in 2001, it is a newer track to the NASCAR circuit, and currently hosts two NASCAR race weekends a year. Get out on the track, and experience the thrills of this speedway for yourself!
- Schedule is subject to change
- Participants must be in good overall physical condition and be able to climb through a 15" x 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground
- Driving suits are available up to size 4XL
- Participants must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license
- All participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- It's recommended to be able to drive a manual (stick shift) transmission, but a push-start is available if needed
- Photo & In-Car Videos are available for purchase at the track
- Photo prices start at $20 and videos at $49. Prices vary based on lap packages and are subject to change.
- Experience price includes $39 driver's fee that releases the driver from any liability "...for most damage caused to the car resulting from and incident/crash at the track. Only in the event that a driver intentionally or negligently fails to follow instructions which leads to an incident/crash will the racing school seek financial recompense for resulting damage to the vehicle"
Please plan to be at the track for approximately 2.5 - 3 hours.
1 per car
Absolutely! The track has a special seating area set up where family and friends can watch, and don't forget a camera to capture your experience!
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact your experience provider in the event of inclement weather. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, you will be given the option to reschedule for a mutually agreeable date or be issued a rain certificate.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, weather appropriate attire that will be comfortable under your driver's suit, and closed toed shoes. No sandals, flip-flops or heels.
For this experience we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. For rescheduling more than 30 days prior to your scheduled experience date, a $75 fee will be charged. No cancellations or rescheduling may be made less than 30 days prior to your scheduled experience date.
What types of cars are used?
600 HP NASCAR style race cars that have 4 speed manual transmissions.
Is passing allowed?
For safety and liability reasons passing is not allowed. There are 3-4 cars on the track at one time but everyone is spread apart. The coordinator keeps tracks of each car's individual speed and times/choreographs everything so that the faster car will not be held up by the slower one.
What is provided and what do I need to bring?
All participants are provided with a regulation helmet and safety device, as well as a driver's suit. Participants need to wear socks, closed-toed shoes, and clothes that will be comfortable under the driver's suit.
Are there weight or height restrictions?
Not exactly; however, the cars do not have doors. Participants must have the ability to climb through a 15" high by 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground. Driving suits are available up to size 4XL.
Are there age restrictions?
Participants must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license. Experience driving a manual (stick shift) transmission is ideal, but not a requirement. If participants cannot operate a manual transmission a push-off start is available.
Are foods or beverages available at the track?
Snacks and refreshments are available for purchase at the merchandise trailer.
Are any photo or video packages of my experience available?
Yes, photos and in-car videos are available for purchase at the track. Photo prices start at $20 and video at $49. Prices vary depending on the lap package booked and are subject to change.
Can I bring guests?
Friends and family are more than welcome. The more the merrier! There is a viewing area right behind pit road where they can watch. They are also welcome to bring their cameras and camcorders with them to take pictures and video from that viewing area.
Other Kansas City Gift Ideas:(View all 16 Kansas City experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $119
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $525
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $240
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $325
- Crossroads Historical Food Walking TourAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $59
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $63
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $260
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $200
- Private Balloon Ride for 2From: $650
- All Kansas City Experiences
"Absolutely wonderful experience. I will be booking here in the future and will recommend your services."
"Friendly, courteous, knowledgeable, and fun."
"NASCAR driving experience was fantastic. Unique gift idea. Fun experience and Max was a great instructor. Highly recommend Cloud 9 Living."