Kansas Speedway - Kansas City, KS
Seasonal Dates Only:
* 2017 dates to be announced
Experience firsthand the thrill and excitement of racecar driving with the Drive a NASCAR Stock Car experience at the Kansas Speedway! Strap on your helmet and buckle up! It's time to put the pedal to the metal!
- Drive full size, 600 horsepower Sprint Cup style stock cars
- Hit top racing speeds up to 150 MPH!
- Racecar driving suit, helmet, and driving instruction included
- Options range from 8 to 30 laps of racing (don't worry, even 8 laps is a lot at 150 MPH!)
- Receive a graduation pack, including a detailed lap time sheet and a certificate printed with your top speed
Have you ever dreamed of driving a racecar? It's time to make that dream a reality as you take control with the Drive a NASCAR Stock Car experience at the Kansas Speedway!
Your experience will begin with a classroom session where you will learn how to master the track's driving line, acceleration and deceleration points, and proper following distances. Next, you'll learn about the cars, including shift patterns, safety devises, and more.
Now it's time to put on your helmet, buckle up, and get behind the wheel of your stock car! Get ready to put the pedal to the metal, and experience an adrenaline rush only known to professional drivers!
To ensure that you get the most out of your driving experience, you'll have your own personal racing instructor riding in the passenger seat, providing you with feedback and coaching via a two-way open mic radio system.
Upon completion of your laps, there will be a Closing Ceremony where you'll receive a graduation pack including a detailed lap-time sheet, and an official certificate printed with your top speed!
About the Kansas Speedway
Kansas Speedway is a 1.5-mile, asphalt, tri-oval. Built in 2001, it is a newer track to the NASCAR circuit, and currently hosts two NASCAR race weekends a year. Get out on the track, and experience the thrills of this speedway for yourself!
- Participants must be in good overall physical condition and be able to climb through a 15" x 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground
- Driving suits are available up to size 3XL
- Participants must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license
- All participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- It's recommended to be able to drive a manual (stick shift) transmission, but a push-start is available if needed
- Photo and In-Car Video DVDs are available for purchase at the track
- Photo packages start at approximately $20 and DVDs at $89
- Experience price includes $39 driver's fee that releases the driver from any liability "...for most damage caused to the car resulting from and incident/crash at the track. Only in the event that a driver intentionally or negligently fails to follow instructions which leads to an incident/crash will the racing school seek financial recompense for resulting damage to the vehicle"
For 8 Lap packages, approximately 2.5 - 3 hours For 18 Lap packages, approximately 3 - 3.5 hours For 30 Lap packages, approximately 3 - 4 hours
1 per car
Absolutely! The track has a special seating area set up where family and friends can watch, and don't forget a camera to capture your experience!
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact your experience provider in the event of inclement weather. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, you will be given the option to reschedule for a mutually agreeable date or be issued a rain certificate.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, weather appropriate attire that will be comfortable under your driver's suit, and closed toed shoes. No sandals, flip-flops or heels.
For this experience we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. For rescheduling more than 30 days prior to your scheduled experience date, a $75 fee will be charged. No cancellations or rescheduling may be made less than 30 days prior to your scheduled experience date.
What types of cars are used?
600 horsepower Sprint Cup style stock cars that have 4 speed manual transmissions.
Is passing allowed?
For safety and liability reasons passing is not allowed. There are 3-4 cars on the track at one time but everyone is spread apart. The coordinator keeps tracks of each car's individual speed and times/choreographs everything so that the faster car will not be held up by the slower one.
What is provided and what do I need to bring?
All participants are provided with a regulation helmet and safety device, as well as a driver's suit. Participants need to wear socks, closed-toed shoes, and clothes that will be comfortable under the driver's suit.
Are there weight or height restrictions?
Not exactly; however, the cars do not have doors. Participants must have the ability to climb through a 15" high by 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground. Driving suits are available up to size 3XL.
Are there age restrictions?
Participants must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license, and must be able to drive a manual (stick shift) transmission.
Are foods or beverages available at the track?
Snacks and refreshments are available for purchase at the merchandise trailer.
Are any photo or video packages of my experience available?
Yes, DVDs of your experience taken from an in-car video camera are available for purchase directly at the track starting at approximately $89, and photo packages of your experience are available starting at approximately $20.
Can I bring guests?
Friends and family are more than welcome. The more the merrier! There is a viewing area right behind pit road where they can watch. They are also welcome to bring their cameras and camcorders with them to take pictures and video from that viewing area.
Other Kansas City Gift Ideas:(View all 17 Kansas City experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(13)From: $119
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $525
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $240
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $325
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $260
- Prohibition Craft Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $77
- Crossroads Historical Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $58
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $63
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $200
- All Kansas City Experiences
"Absolutely wonderful experience. I will be booking here in the future and will recommend your services."
"Friendly, courteous, knowledgeable, and fun."
"NASCAR driving experience was fantastic. Unique gift idea. Fun experience and Max was a great instructor. Highly recommend Cloud 9 Living."