New Century AirCenter - New Century, KS
Daily - 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- An experienced FAA Certified Flight Instructor will give you an introductory ground school lesson on the principles of flight before take off
- Take the controls of the Cessna 182 during your 45 minute flight
- Enjoy beautiful aerial views of the Kansas countryside below you
- No experience necessary!
Experience the excitement of flying one of the most popular training planes in the world when you Learn to Fly a Cessna 182 near Kansas City!
Your personal flight lesson will begin with 30 minutes of ground school where you will perform the preliminary pre-flight inspection, go over the basic controls of the aircraft and discuss what to expect in flight.
You'll assist with taxiing to the runway and watch your pilot take to the air.
Once air bound, you'll take the controls of the Cessna for a majority of the flight with your FAA Certified Flight Instructor with you every step of the way.
Enjoy the beautiful Kansas countryside far below you as you soar through the air and feel the freedom of flight!
When your feet are firmly planted on the ground, feel free to take photos with your pilot and plane.
Prepare for a memorable experience and come learn to fly!
- Students under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Please bring a valid form of ID with you to the airport
- Weight restrictions may apply
Expect to be at the airport for approximately 2 hours. The lesson includes 30 minutes of ground school, 45 minutes of air time and a 10 minute post-flight debriefing.
1 student and up to 2 passengers depending on the option selected.
Spectators are welcome to take photos at the airport and view the takeoff and landing.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and/or rescheduling is allowed up to 48 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 48 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What do I need to bring with me?
All students and passengers must bring a valid government-issued form of identification.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary for your first lesson! Bring your sense of adventure and you'll be ready to fly!
What type of aircraft will we fly?
You'll be flying in a Cessna 182, one of the most popular training planes in the world.
Is the experience weather dependent?
Yes, this learn to fly experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
Other Kansas City Gift Ideas:(View all 16 Kansas City experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $119
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(10)From: $525
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $240
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $325
- Crossroads Historical Food Walking TourAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $59
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $63
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $260
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $200
- Private Balloon Ride for 2From: $650
- All Kansas City Experiences
"Mauricio at the flight school was great. He explained everything that we were going to do. My 15 year old grandson was given control of the airplane shortly after take-off. He was allowed to fly most of the entire time. The instructor was great in giving direction on course correction when needed. The day was beautiful, we could see for several miles. Great great experience. My grandson will always remember when he got to fly an airplane. Highly recommend it. "
"It was a fantastic experience!"
"Thanks Joel (pilot)! It was truly a memorable experience and I'd love to do it again."