Downtown Airport - Kansas City, MO
Monday through Saturday - 8:00 AM to Dusk
*Select Sundays available
- Learn to fly under the guidance of an experienced FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Lesson includes approximately 15-30 minutes of pre-flight instruction and about 25-30 minutes of flight time
- You'll practice skills that may include straight and level flight, climbing, descending, and hovering
- Bring along up to 2 friends and share this unforgettable experience!
Fly high above the vast Missouri countryside with an experienced and certified flight instructor when you Learn to Fly a Helicopter in Kansas City!
Your introductory flight lesson will begin with an approximately 15-30 minute pre-flight check of the aircraft and briefing. Next you will climb aboard a meticulously maintained Robinson R-44 helicopter and take to the air. Your flight instructor will handle the take-off and landing of the aircraft, but you will have the opportunity to man the controls for the majority of the flight. During the approximately 25-30 minutes of flight time, you will practice maneuvers that may include straight and level flying, climbing, descending and hovering.
Your first flight is an unforgettable experience. For this lesson, you can bring along up to 2 passengers (weight permitting) to share the memories with you. Together, you will all enjoy unbeatable aerial views of Kansas City!
- The individual weights of each participant must not exceed 290 pounds and the total combined weight cannot exceed 600 pounds
- Valid photo ID is required
- Students must be at least 16 years old and parental consent form must be signed for students under 18 years old
- No experience necessary
Approximately 15-30 minutes of pre-flight briefing and about 20-25 minutes of flight time with a total experience duration around 60-75 minutes.
Lesson is for 1 student and up to 2 passengers (pending weight restrictions)
Spectators are welcome to observe take-off but may need to view the flight from the parking lot, depending on the amount of traffic at the airport that day.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes and sunglasses are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience at no additional cost. If you reschedule with less than 72 hours notice, you must pay a $50 fee to reserve a new date/time. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule directly with your experience provider.
Do I need previous flight experience?
No. This introductory flight lesson is designed to be your first experience flying.
Are there any weight restrictions?
Yes - Students and passengers must weigh no more than 290 pounds individually and 600 pounds combined.
What happens in the case of bad weather?
In the event your flight is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with your flight instructor. Always contact your experience provider with questions concerning weather conditions.
Other Kansas City Gift Ideas:(View all 17 Kansas City experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(13)From: $119
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $525
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $240
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $325
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $260
- Prohibition Craft Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $77
- Crossroads Historical Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $58
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $63
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $200
- All Kansas City Experiences