Las Vegas, NV
Daily at 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM
- Choose to move earth in a CAT D5G Bulldozer and create roads & platforms or test hand-eye coordination as you doze and excavate dams and ponds in a CAT 315 Excavator
- #1 on tripadvisor.com out of almost 500 Las Vegas attractions!
- Your instructors have been featured on CNN, CNBC, CBS New Sunday Morning, The Wall Street Journal Online, and Oddball Traveller!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to operate an excavator or a bulldozer? Well, now you can at the first heavy equipment play area in the United States!
With the guidance of knowledgeable and experienced instructors, you will be successfully operating one of these powerful machines in less than 10 minutes through a course that will take you through a series of activities where you will move mountains, dig trenches, test your hand eye coordination by stacking rocks in a pyramid, and so much more.
Your adventure begins with a short safety lesson and equipment overview. Then, under the guidance of a professionally trained instructor, you will take the controls of a modern, climate controlled, CAT 315 Track Excavator or a CAT D5G Bulldozer.
You will be amazed not only at the incredible power of these machines, but also at how easy they are to operate. A simple movement of the joystick-style hand controls and you have just picked up a massive boulder or dug a four foot deep trench!
If you can't choose which machine to operate, try them both with the Mega Dig package. No experience or training is required for any activity, only the desire to have fun!
No experience necessary. Participants must be at least 18 years of age and pass a breathalyzer test.
Upon arrival, you will be welcomed by an experienced instructor who will give you a safety and equipment orientation. You will be outfitted with a radio, hard hat and a safety vest.
Then it's time to meet your machine. There are 3 easy steps:
- Your instructor will guide you through the in-cab controls.
- You will review communication techniques.
- You begin to work and do everything the machine is designed to do though a series of activities and free time.
It feels just like a real construction site, only more fun!
1.5 hours for the Big Dig packages and 3.5 hours for the Mega Dig combo package.
Up to 2 participants per instructor.
There is a nice viewing area for spectators to observe and take photos during the experience.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and closed toed shoes, sneakers recommended. The cabs of all equipment are climate controlled.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. Outside of 24 hours of your scheduled class date, if you need to reschedule or cancel for any reason you will be required to pay a 20% processing fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 24 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Are there requirements to participate?
Yes, participants must be at least 18 years of age. Participants are required to pass a breathalyzer. Those who do not pass will lose the value of their experience.
How will my experience differ if I choose the Bulldozer or Excavator?
Sample Bulldozer exercises include:
- Building huge mounds
- Pushing giant tires
- Teeter-Tottering over a mega mound
Sample Excavator exercises include:
- Digging a giant trench
- Stacking 2,000 pound tires
- Playing "Bucket Basketball"
Other Las Vegas Gift Ideas:(View all 52 Las Vegas experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(25)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $299
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $175
- Las Vegas Aerobatic Thrill RideAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $229
- Mini Baja ChaseAvg Rating of: 4-half(8)From: $166
- NASCAR Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(19)From: $109
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $538
- Mojave Desert Zipline TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $159
- Sky Combat FlightAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $1,559
- All Las Vegas Experiences
"One of the best-run, most fun experiences I have had. The entire process from booking through the actual event was smooth, and everyone was friendly and helpful. Highly recommend Cloud 9 Living and the Dig This experience in Las Vegas."
"Dig This met all our expectations. My husband had a great time driving the bulldozer and hasn't stopped talking about it since. He now wants to try driving the excavator. The operation at Dig This was very organized and efficient. They made the experience fun and fear-free. The safety overview & orientation was followed by a very comprehensive experience with operating the bulldozer. This was definitely a unique experience that made the perfect gift for the man who has everything."
"Perfect gift for anyone who had ever wanted to use big equipment. Close to the strip and there are no more than 6 people per experience- very personalized instruction. There is a place to sit, watch, and get amazing pictures for onlookers and the office is comfortable as well. My husband was thrilled from beginning to end and it's quite a long experience--but not so long that it gets old. The staff at Dig This are amazing and really love their work. I even bought the T-shirt. Great for couples, families, groups--everyone. Tips: Make sure your cabbie knows where to go. We had to call the office and have them give directions, which they did. Some cabbies tried to fleece the guests by driving them around and around for a larger fare because it's so close. Eat a hearty breakfast and be well rested. Bring sunglasses. Dress to be outside if you are a spectator. The Seating for the excavators is covers, not so for the other machines."