Box Canyon Bike Ride
Palm Desert, CA
Daily - 8:00 AM and 1:00 PM
- No cross roads, no turns and very little traffic as you descend 1,200 feet by bike
- Ride through the transition zone of the Colorado and Mojave Deserts
- Cruise through the winding narrow walls of Box Canyon
- Enjoy views of the Salton Sea, Mt. San Jacinto, the All-American Canal and Coachella Valley
Riders are treated to a geologic extravaganza on this 20 mile tour that descends through the San Andreas Fault zone and ends at heart of grape country near Mecca, California!
There are no cross roads or turns, and very little traffic, which makes this a relaxing sightseeing adventure. Riders will see the stark beauty of the desert as they descend a total of 1,200 feet over the paved road.
The course takes riders from the transition zone between the Colorado and Mojave Deserts, winds its' way through the narrow canyon walls of Box Canyon and finishes with spectacular views of the Salton Sea, Mt. San Jacinto, the All-American Canal, and the agriculture of the eastern Coachella Valley.
The tour finishes with a visit to the Oasis Date Gardens for a date shake and restroom break. Embark on a one-of-a-kind adventure on the Box Canyon Bike Ride!
- Participants must be at least 10 years of age
- Bicycle and helmet are included in the cost of the tour
- Snacks and water will be provided
- Biking is at the beginning to intermediate level of difficulty covering 20 miles in approximately 4 hours
Approximately 4 hours
Up to 50 riders on the tour, with a maximum of 10 riders to each guide.
This experience for booked participants only.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for biking and the weather conditions. No open toed shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancelling or rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What's included on the tour?
The tour includes a custom fit bicycle and helmet for each rider, a support vehicle equipped with first-aid supplies and communication capabilities, snacks and water, a date shake at the end of the tour, and a knowledgeable guide for every 10 riders.
How physically demanding is the tour?
Biking is at the beginner to intermediate level, and covers 20 miles in approximately 4 hours.
Are there any age restrictions?
Participants must be at least 10 years old.
What if it rains?
This experience is weather dependent. If the tour is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
Other Los Angeles Gift Ideas:(View all 87 Los Angeles experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $225
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $299
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $375
- Los Angeles Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(43)From: $120
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $90
- Bridge to Nowhere Bungee JumpAvg Rating of: 5(33)From: $149
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $130
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $499
- All Los Angeles Experiences
"The tour leaders name was Gary. He was really great and added a lot to the experience with his depth of local knowledge. I had a great time. Thanks to the folks in Boulder."
"Bill was a fantastic guide during a challenging morning. I really can't imagine someone better. :-) During our ride he also presented a load of background information on historical, geological and botanical aspects of this part of the California desert. Another big thanks for being flexible, providing well maintained bikes, helmets, gallons of water and energy bars"