Downtown - Los Angeles, LA
Thursday through Monday - 11:00 AM
- Tour provider is recipient of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award
- This 3-hour walking tour includes flavorful food specialties at 6 unique stops
- Your friendly and knowledgeable guide will walk you through the fascinating history, sharing stories, anecdotes and leading you to the best local spots
- Walk away with a broader knowledge and new appreciation for the city's history, architecture and all its culinary scene has to offer!
Experience a side of Los Angeles beyond the glitter of Hollywood and luxury of Rodeo drive on this guided Downtown LA Food Tour!
Your friendly and knowledgeable guide will walk you through the fascinating history, sharing stories, anecdotes and leading you to the best local spots. You'll discover buildings from LA's golden age, hear amazing stories about the film industry and receive recommendations on favorite local attractions and restaurants. All while strolling at a leisure pace and enjoying mouthwatering food tastings.
During this tour you will enjoy 5 - 7 flavorful food tastings served at 6 of the following unique establishments (subject to change):
- Pitchoun Bakery - Authentic French Boulangerie in the heart of Downtown LA
- Horse Thief BBQ - Succulent Texas-style barbecue in the historic Grand Central Market
- DTLA Cheese - Artisanal cheeses with a fun, modern vibe
- Berlin Currywurst - A taste of Germany's favorite street food with an LA twist
- Madcapra Falafel - Locally sourced produce and a unique take on falafel
- Guisados - Slow-cooked braised meat tacos; some of the best in LA
- The Nickel Diner - Home of the maple bacon doughnut; serving up old-school comfort classics
- Bottega Louie - Grand restaurant, bakery & gourmet market located in the historic Brockman building
- It is recommended to bring a bottle of water
- All food tastings are included in the price
- This is a 3-hour walking tour at a casual pace
- Tour includes 5-7 different food tastings that will happily fill most stomachs
- This tour is suitable for all ages and fitness levels
- Infants under the age of 3 are free, there are no discounts for children over the age of 3
Approximately 3 hours.
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 12 per tour. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This food tour will run rain or shine. There will be no cancellations due to weather unless experience provider cancels the tour due to safety concerns.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for weather and walking.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings for this experience are final.
Will the tour start and finish at the same location?
The tour will finish approximately 2 blocks and a 5 minute walk from the starting location. The tour guide will gladly provide directions back to the meeting location or to other locations you are heading to after the tour.
How much walking is involved?
This food tour is approximately 3 hours long. You will walk at a casual pace and stand in place for a few minutes at various attractions. The tour has a mix of sit-down tasting locations and locations where the tastings are done while standing.The streets have a slight incline and you will have to walk up small stairs at some of the establishments. Please let Cloud 9 Living know at the time of booking, if you have difficulty walking up a few flights of stairs, so arrangements can be made.
What if I have dietary restrictions or food allergies?
Our experience provider can accommodate vegetarians, but they do not offer vegan or gluten-free substitutions as there isn't always a next-best option. Please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking if you have any food allergies or restrictions.
Do I have to pay for my child if he/she is not participating in the tastings?
Yes, children over the age of 3 will be full price, even if they are not participating in the tastings.
How much food will I eat on this tour?
This tour includes 5 to 7 different food tastings. You'll visit unique establishments with a variety of cuisines. Most people find the tastings enough food for lunch.
Are pets allowed on this tour?
Pets are not allowed on this tour. Los Angeles law prohibits pets from entering inside an establishment that serves food or drinks.
Is this tour fun for locals?
This tour is designed to take you to hidden gems "off the beaten path" only the neighborhood locals know about. Locals take the tour to learn more about the unique history of LA and to find out about the best culinary delights.
Will there be restroom stops during the tour?
Yes, you will be able to use the restroom at the sit down tastings inside the restaurants.
Is gratuity included in the price of this tour?
Gratuity for your guide is not included, but is appreciated if you enjoy this experience.
What should I wear?
You will do a fair amount of walking on this tour. It's recommended to wear comfortable shoes and dress casual.
Other Los Angeles Gift Ideas:(View all 91 Los Angeles experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $225
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $299
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $375
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Los Angeles Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(43)From: $120
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $90
- Bridge to Nowhere Bungee JumpAvg Rating of: 5(33)From: $149
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $130
- All Los Angeles Experiences