Glider Ride and Flying Lesson
Warner Springs, CA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
*Pending instructor availability
- The soaring center, in business since 1959, is home to two national champions
- Federal Aviation Administration certified pilots that feature their skills in the Miramar Air Show each year
- No experience necessary
- View the Palomar Observatory, Warner Springs Ranch, Lake Henshaw and the desert flowers from above!
Take to the sky for a Glider Ride and Flying Lesson!
After a short ground instruction, climb to nearly 1 mile above sea level before you hear the click of the tow rope being released from your glider.The tow plane will disappear out of sight and leave you with only the sound of the wind as you experience the purest form of flying.
Enjoy panoramic views of Lake Henshaw, the beautiful San Jose Valley and surrounding mountains including Hot Springs Peak and the Palomar Mountains.
During the flight you will get to fly the sailplane as much or as little as you want. At the end of your flight you will receive a complimentary logbook to record your journey!
- Maximum weight of 242 pounds
- Participants must be at least 14 years of age to fly solo
- No experience necessary
Approximately 40 minutes of flight time
1 per glider
Friends and family are welcome to watch the glider take-off and land.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your flight is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the pilot. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for expected weather conditions. Please note, it is approximately 10 degrees cooler during flight.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is it safe?
Yes! All flights are flown by FAA Certified Commercial pilots. The sailplane does not carry fuel or a heavy engine and is designed to land in unimproved fields.
What is the minimum age to fly?
Participants must be at least 14 years old to fly solo.
When is the best time to fly?
Flights between 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM are often the smoothest. During the heat of the day there is more unstable air which means better soaring, but bumpier!
How far away is Warner Springs from Los Angeles?
Warner Springs is about 2 hours from Downtown Los Angeles, depending on traffic.
Other Los Angeles Gift Ideas:(View all 92 Los Angeles experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $225
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $299
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $375
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Los Angeles Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(43)From: $120
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $90
- Bridge to Nowhere Bungee JumpAvg Rating of: 5(33)From: $149
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $130
- All Los Angeles Experiences
"It was a surprise birthday experience for my husband. When we arrived, we were greeted and quickly set up for the glider experience with the incredibly professional and entertaining pilot instructor, George. From take off to landing and all the steps before and after, we had the best experience! Thank you!"
"Great experience! "