Glider Ride for 2
Warner Springs, CA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
*Pending instructor availability
- Operating since 1959 with Federal Aviation Administration pilots that feature their skills in the Miramar Air Show each year
- The soaring center is home to 2 national champions
- View the Palomar Observatory, Warner Springs Ranch, Lake Henshaw and the desert flowers from above!
Climb to new heights and feel the freedom of gliding on this romantic Glider Ride for 2!
After climbing to nearly 1 mile above sea level, hear the click of the tow rope being released from your glider. The tow plane will disappear out of sight and leave you with only the sound of the wind as you experience the purest form of flying.
Enjoy panoramic views of Lake Henshaw, the beautiful San Jose Valley and surrounding mountains including Hot Springs Peak and the Palomar Mountains.
An incredible experience you will never forget!
- Combined weight of passengers cannot exceed 360 pounds
- Complimentary photos included
- No minimum age required to fly
Approximately 35-40 minutes of flight time
2 per glider
Friends and family are welcome to watch the glider take-off and land.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your flight is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the pilot. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for expected weather conditions. Please note, it is approximately 10 degrees cooler during flight.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is it safe?
Yes! All flights are flown by FAA Certified Commercial pilots. The sailplane does not carry fuel or a heavy engine and is designed to land in unimproved fields.
What are the ages to fly?
Although there are no age requirements, this flight is not recommended for children under the age of 5.
What is the best time to fly?
Flights between 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM are often the smoothest. During the heat of the day there is more unstable air which means better soaring, but bumpier!
How far away is Warner Springs from Los Angeles?
Warner Springs is about 2 hours from Downtown Los Angeles, depending on traffic.
Other Los Angeles Gift Ideas:(View all 88 Los Angeles experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $225
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $299
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $375
- Los Angeles Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(43)From: $120
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(29)From: $90
- Bridge to Nowhere Bungee JumpAvg Rating of: 5(33)From: $149
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $100
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $355
- All Los Angeles Experiences
"It was an amazing experience. Everyone was so nice and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend it. Although, if you can, I think it would be better to do two separate rides with two people rather then one ride for two. It is very tiny inside the glider, we were pretty squished and we are not very big people. Had to do a little bit of acrobatics to fit in. If I had to do it over again, I would have done two separate rides and given the experience a ten!"
"The glider ride was fantastic and our pilot talked to us about different options for the ride. We did a few tricks, we glided smoothly across the mountains, we soared...definitely a great recommendation."