Intro to Sea Kayaking in Los Angeles
Newport Beach, CA
Year Round, once a month
Click here for schedule
- Southern California's premier kayaking resource since 1987
- Professional sea kayak instructors
- Learn basic paddle strokes, rescue techniques, about kayak equipment and more
- Sea kayaking is a relaxing way to experience nature's beauty from a new perspective
Looking to try something new in the water? Let us introduce you to the incredible sport of sea kayaking.
In just four hours you will become comfortable paddling on calm water. Your lesson will include an orientation to all necessary equipment, paddling techniques, capsize, wet exit, and assisted re-entry and recovery techniques as well as lots more personal coaching.
In the end, you'll have a strong foundation for paddling protected waters like bays, harbors and small lakes; and will be ready to transition to paddling open waters.
This lesson requires a minimum of 6 participants to run. Participants must be at least 13 years of age. All necessary equipment is included.
Up to 6 people per group
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear your bathing suit and bring a towel and change of clothes. Also, bring a wetsuit if you have one; if not, one can be provided at an additional cost.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Los Angeles Experiences:(View all 106 Los Angeles experiences)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $149
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $530Avg Rating of: 5(4)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 4-half(5)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $255
- Zipline Canopy TourFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Bridge to Nowhere Bungee JumpFrom: $139Avg Rating of: 5(32)
- Old Pasadena Food TourFrom: $75Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Latin Flavors Food TourFrom: $79
- Race a FerrariFrom: $299Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- All Los Angeles Experiences
- Gift Certificates