Hawthorne Municipal Airprort - Hawthorne, CA
Daily - 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- No experience necessary
- Flight lesson will begin with 60 minutes of ground school followed by 30 minutes of flight
- Learn straight and level flight, climbing, descending and hovering
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Redondo Beach shoreline below!
Have you always dreamed of taking the controls of a beautiful helicopter and soaring upward toward the sky? Now is your chance to learn the basics flying a helicopter with this fun and exhilarating experience!
You'll be flying with an experienced FAA Certified Flight Instructor. Start with 60 minutes of ground instruction covering safety and helicopter operations, followed by 30 minutes of flight time!
While in flight, you'll have the opportunity to try straight and level flight, climbs, turns and descents, plus the most memorable - hovering!
Choose from the following helicopter options:
- Robinson R-22, a 2-seater helicopter with space for you your pilot
- Robinson R-44, a 4-seater helicopter with room for 1 student, 1 pilot and up to 2 passengers
Prepare to experience the feeling of flight when you're manning the controls on this Learn to Fly a Helicopter over the Redondo Beach shoreline!
- All students and passengers must bring a valid form of identification
- Weight restrictions apply
- Robinson R-22 option: maximum weight per person is 240 pounds
- Robinson R-44 option: maximum weight per person is 300 pounds
- Your pilot will provide protective headsets for each passenger
Approximately 60 minutes of ground school followed by 30 minutes of flight time. Plan to be at the airport for about 2 hours.
Up to 1 student for the R-22 option. Up to 1 student and 2 passengers for the R-44 option.
Spectators welcome to watch and take photos from the patio and lounge area.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event of inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with your pilot. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7-14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Do I need experience?
No experience is needed to Learn to Fly a Helicopter near Los Angeles. A certified FAA flight instructor will be with you for the entire experience.
What should I bring with me?
All students and passengers must bring a valid form of ID.
Are there any weight restrictions for this experience?
Yes, there are weight restrictions, which vary based on the option selected.
Are there any age restrictions?
No, all ages are welcome. Students under the age of 18 may be require parental consent.
Other Los Angeles Gift Ideas:(View all 88 Los Angeles experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $225
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(15)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $299
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 1-half(1)From: $375
- Los Angeles Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(45)From: $123
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(29)From: $92
- Bridge to Nowhere Bungee JumpAvg Rating of: 5(35)From: $149
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $100
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $355
- All Los Angeles Experiences
"I went today with my husband since it was his birthday and our wedding anniversary. The staff was nice, but they had a huge mistake. I paid 575 dollars for him to learn how to fly a helicopter and for me to be on the ride with him, with the pilot as well. When we got there, the pilot told us we had the small helicopter which was only for my husband and him. I asked him, I thought I was going to the helicopter as well, and he even joked about it. So I was very frustrated to buy something that was not what I had in mind. They left, and I had to wait for approximately 35-40 minutes. I asked the person who was inside, and she told me it was the pilot's fault. I preferred just to get the refund for me which was 200 dollars. And just went outside because I was pretty sad and frustrated. When the pilot and my husband arrived, I was very upset that I couldn't share the experience with him. They transformed a fantastic experience that I'd had in mind into something really disappointing. I would have expected for them to tell me that for the 200 dollars more, they would give me the experience that I had bought. But they didn't, just offered that if I booked again, they could make a discount. They made my day, and my wedding anniversary, the worst that I've had. Oliver (my husband) had an amazing experience, but for me it was not what I imagined thanks to the helicopter company's mistakes. The experience from your Cloud 9 Living service, though, was amazing --- best attitude and best customer service when booking for it. Thank you."