Learn to Fly a Helicopter
Long Beach Airport; Long Beach, CA
Year Round availability, 7 days per week, 9:00am-5:00pm
- Flight instructor is certified by the FAA
- Take the controls of the most popular instruction helicopter in the world - a Robinson R-22
- Experience begins with 30 minutes of ground instruction. Learn straight and level flight, climbing, descending, and hovering during the actual flight.
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the California landscape
- No experience necessary
Have you always dreamed of taking the controls of a beautiful helicopter and soaring upward toward the sky? Now is your chance to learn the basics of how to fly a helicopter with this fun and exhilarating experience!
You'll be learning from and flying with a FAA certified flight instructor with vast experience. You'll start with 30 minutes of ground instruction covering safety and helicopter operations. Next, it's time to climb aboard and fly.
While in flight, you'll have the opportunity to try straight and level flight, climbs, turns and descents, plus the most memorable - hovering!
So prepare to experience a feeling few in the world ever have, the sensation of manning the controls of an airborne helicopter!
Participants must weigh less than 220 lbs. No experience necessary. Must be 12 years of age or older.
Approximately 30 minutes of ground school followed by 30 or 60 minutes of flight time. Total time of experience up to 2 hours.
One student per helicopter
Not allowed in the helicopter, but are welcome to come and watch or take pictures and view the takeoff.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7-14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Other Los Angeles Experiences:(View all 106 Los Angeles experiences)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $149
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $530Avg Rating of: 5(4)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 4-half(5)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $255
- Zipline Canopy TourFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Bridge to Nowhere Bungee JumpFrom: $139Avg Rating of: 5(32)
- Old Pasadena Food TourFrom: $75Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Latin Flavors Food TourFrom: $79
- Race a FerrariFrom: $299Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- All Los Angeles Experiences
- Gift Certificates
"This was really a great experience and a load of fun."
"My instructor Kitty Seerden was amazing! She was very knowledgeable, super sweet and a ton of fun. I highly recommend that you book this adventure cause it is a blast!"
"The experience was amaziing!! Definitely one of the coolest things I've yet to do... the only thing was that the 20 min in the air just didn't seem to be long enough, although realistically no amount of time would have been enough"