Santa Ynez, CA
Daily - Sunrise
*Pending weather and pilot availability
- Over 20 years of piloting experience and a 2014 TripAdvisor "Certificate of Excellence" recipient
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Transverse Mountain Ranges, Lake Chachuma, vineyards and more
- Delight in complimentary champagne and a continental breakfast upon landing
- Climb in and marvel at the beauty of Southern California from the basket of a balloon!
Drift peacefully over the breathtaking majesty of the Santa Ynez Valley. Experience the tranquility of ballooning on the Santa Barbara Hot Air Balloon Ride.
Views from the basket of your scenic flight may include (and are subject to change):
- Beautiful California mountain ranges
- Vineyards, ranches and lush landscapes
- Lake Cachuma
- Historic towns of Solvang, Los Olivos, Buellton, Santa Maria, and Paso Robles
A complimentary champagne toast and continental breakfast will be available upon landing. And since the day will already be off to an incredible start, be sure to grab tips from the balloon staff on the best ways to keep the day going or choose the Hot Air Balloon and Wine Tour option and visit 2 local wineries for delicious wine tastings!
Give one of the oldest forms of flying a try! Hop into the basket for a relaxing, scenic ride over some of the best wine country in California on the Santa Barbara Hot Air Balloon Ride.
- Participants must be at least 5 years old and at least 21 years old with a valild ID to participate in the wine tasting tour
- Additional fees may apply for passengers over 250 lbs
- Passengers must sign a liability waiver prior to boarding
- This experience is not recommended for pregnant women in their 3rd trimester, a doctor's note allowing participation is required for anyone in their 3rd trimester
- There must be at least 4 participants for the balloon flight to run
- Transportation and wine tasting fees are included in the wine tour option
3-4 hours total with approximately 45-60 minutes of flight time.
Up to 12 passengers per balloon depending on overall weight and basket size.
Spectators may follow chase vehicle in their own vehicle to watch launch and landing.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and a jacket, sweatshirt or fleece pullover. Closed toe shoes are required, no high heels.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance. Last minute requests will be accepted based on availability.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
What is included?
Hot Air Balloon Ride Option:
45-60 minutes of flight time is included as well as magnificent views, complimentary champagne and a continental breakfast.
Hot Air Balloon Ride & Wine Tour Option:
In addition to the hot air balloon ride, champagne toast and breakfast you'll enjoy 2 wine tastings at local wineries, each lasting approximately 1.5 hours. Transportation and all tasting fees are also included.
Is it safe?
Yes, your pilots are FAA certified and have over 20 years of flight experience. They have one of the best safety records of any balloon company in the country. The balloons themselves are impeccably maintained and inspected regularly to ensure your safety.
Are the baskets handicap accessible?
Yes, a special bench can be provided upon request. Please indicate during booking if assistance is needed. Please call Cloud 9 Living with any questions.
What if I'm afraid of heights?
The siding and floor of the basket offer a safe and secure feeling. There is no motion, swaying or vibration from wind when the balloon is flying.
How far will we fly?
The flight will last approximately 45 minutes to an hour and cover up to 6 miles in distance.
Other Los Angeles Gift Ideas:(View all 87 Los Angeles experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $225
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $299
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $375
- Los Angeles Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(43)From: $120
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $90
- Bridge to Nowhere Bungee JumpAvg Rating of: 5(33)From: $149
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $130
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $499
- All Los Angeles Experiences