Caving Adventure for 6
Daily - 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Trained guides interpret cave geology and animal life while emphasizing safety and conservation
- Learn safe caving techniques and the history of Morengo Cavern
- Spend 2-3 hours exploring the incredible cave that was first discovered in 1883 and designated a National Landmark!
Indiana has 2,640 caves, 800 of which are located in two Southern Indiana counties, Harrison and Crawford. Discover Marengo Cave on this 2-3 hour caving adventure for up to 6 people!
Your group will be paired with a trained guide that will help interpret cave geology and animal life throughout the experience. Learn about safe caving techniques and the history of the Marengo cavern throughout the trip.
Prepare to get dirty in the cave system, especially as you wade through an underground stream!
- Participants must be at least 10 years of age
- All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Helmets and Petzl head lamps are provided
- You will need sign a waiver prior to the experience
Maximum of 6 participants per group. For a party size over 6, please call Cloud 9 Living.
This experience is for scheduled participants only.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
The temperature in the cave is 52 degrees. It is recommended to wear 2 layers. The inner layer can be t-shirt or long sleeve shirt and thermal pants or equivalent. For the outer layer wear long pants (jeans are good), wool socks, long sleeves and sturdy boots. Knee pads and gloves are also needed. You will get wet and muddy, so it is recommended to bring a change of clothes and a garbage bag for your muddy clothes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel or reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What is the temperature in the cave?
Limestone caves maintain an almost constant year-round temperature, with Marengo Cave's temperature staying approximately 52 degrees.
Is gear provided?
Yes, helmets, LED headlamps and secondary lighting will be provided.
Do I need caving experience?
No experience is necessary! Your group will be paired with a trained guide that will help you learn safe caving techniques and assist you along your tour of Morengo Cavern.
Will I get dirty?
Yes! This experience will leave you needing a change of clothes.
What should I bring with me?
Two layers of old warm clothes (long sleeve shirts and long pants are recommended), boots or other sturdy shoes, gloves, a change of clothes including shoes, plastic bag for muddy clothes. Knee pads are also recommended.
Are there any age restrictions?
Participants must be at least 10 years of age for this experience.
Other Louisville Gift Ideas:(View all 14 Louisville experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $100
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $355
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $62
- Kentucky Bourbon Trail TourFrom: $139
- Biplane Sightseeing TourFrom: $275
- Romantic Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $600
- Indy Car Ride AlongFrom: $100
- Drive an Indy CarFrom: $355
- Horseback Trail Ride (for 2+)From: $60
- All Louisville Experiences