Private Fencing Lesson
Monday - Saturday
- Over 50 years of experience available to you in a one-on-one experience
- Improve fitness, develop mental acuity, embrace the art of fencing
- Understand technique, style and point systems of this elegant and historical game
- Come away with the basics of fencing and the history behind the sport!
Improve your fitness, develop mental acuity, embrace the delicacy of movement and have fun in your private fencing lesson. Learn the true art, science and spirit of the sword in either Foil, Epee or Sabre style.
Your coach has over 50 years of experience in the sport and looks forward to working with you to develop basic skills and give you an overall understanding of technique, style and point systems in the elegant and historical game of fencing.
This is great for beginners and recreational fencers to learn new skills in a classical sport.
- For ages 8 and up
- All equipment is provided
1 hour increments
This is a private session for your group size. It can be up to 4 people depending on the option selected.
Spectators are welcome to watch the lesson, but not participate.
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Wear athletic clothing and sneakers.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance of intended date of use.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What is fencing?
The sport of fencing is fast and athletic, a far cry from the choreographed bouts you see on film, or on the stage. Instead of swinging from a chandelier or leaping from balconies, you will see two fencers performing an intense dance on a 6 x 40 foot strip. The movement is so fast the touches are scored electronically; more like Star Wars than Errol Flynn.
What is the object of fencing?
The main object of a fencing bout (what an individual "game" is called) is to effectively score 15 points (in direct elimination play) or 5 points (in preliminary pool play) on your opponent before they score that number on you. Each time a fencer scores a touch, they receive a point.Direct elimination matches consist of three, 3-minute periods.
What type of weapons are used for fencing?
Foil, epee and sabra are the three weapons used in the sport of fencing.It is unusual for fencers to compete in all three events, they generally choose to develop their skills in one weapon.
Other Miami Gift Ideas:(View all 64 Miami experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(18)From: $190
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $349
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $299
- Race an Audi R8Avg Rating of: 5(3)From: $249
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $469
- South Beach Miami Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(10)From: $60
- Florida Keys Sunset Heli Tour (for 2+)From: $318
- Ultimate Exotic Car RacingAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $849
- Exotic Car Thrill RideAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $89
- All Miami Experiences
"As a child, I wanted to try fencing. My parents had no resources or desire for their 12 year old daughter to engage an opponent with a weapon. For my 45th birthday, I decided that it was time to check it off my bucket list. What an experience it was! When I saw myself in full gear, I felt like I was 12 years old again. I learned the basics and now have a great memory of something that has followed me all of my life."