Homestead General Airport, Homestead, FL
Daily - 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
*Pending weather and pilot availablity
- Your FAA certified pilots have over 35 combined years of experience in general aviation and major commercial airline experience
- Soar in the Blanik L-23 glider, the world's most widely used and respected glider
- Embrace the peacefulness of this unique mode of flight as you float effortlessly above the Earth
- Experience aeronautical freedom as take in the spectacular sites of Southern Florida!
Here's your chance to experience firsthand the beauty and amazement of motorless flight!
First your Super Blanik L23 glider, since it lacks an engine, will be towed by our tow-plane, a Piper Pawnee, to the desired altitude.
Then, you'll feel the tow-rope release as your glider takes to the thermals - columns of rising air created by the heating of the Earth's surface.
Surrounded by a clear canopy and seated next to an experienced pilot, you can simply relax and watch the world glide by.
Just imagine yourself gliding effortlessly, silently, peacefully high above the world with barely a sound to disturb you.
The finest glider experience is waiting for you high above Southern Florida!
- Participants must weigh no more than 242 pounds
- IMPORTANT: If you plan to Scuba Dive while in Miami, please remember to allow a minimum of 12 hours to pass before boarding any flights
Experience time varies depending on the option selected. Plan on being at the airport for 30-45 minutes longer than the ride time selected for a total of approximately 1-1.5 hours.
One per glider.
Allowed, friends and family are welcome to come take pictures and watch.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 3-5 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
What is the distance between the Turnpike and the Airport?
The approximate distance between the Turnpike and the Homestead General Airport is 12 miles.
Is it safe?
Yes! All flights are flown by FAA Certified Commercial pilots. It is also extremely safe since the sailplane carries no fuel or a heavy engine, and is designed to land in unimproved fields.
Other Miami Gift Ideas:(View all 60 Miami experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Ride AlongFrom: $140Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- NASCAR Driving ExperienceFrom: $533Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $190Avg Rating of: 4-half(12)
- South Beach Miami Food TourFrom: $60Avg Rating of: 4-half(7)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson - Palm Aire Country ClubFrom: $199Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,492Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Race a FerrariFrom: $349Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Race an Audi R8From: $249Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- All Miami Experiences
"It way a very astonishing experience. We loved it a lot"
"The experiente was marvelous. The only I recommend is that the people there have more faciliteis as water And restrooms"