Ft. Lauderdale Executive Airport - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
Climb into the cockpit of a Robinson R44 Helicopter and experience the thrill of flying above the beautiful Fort Lauderdale coastline!
- Fly at an altitude of 500 feet in a Robinson R44 Helicopter and take in the sights of luxury beaches, villas and skyscrapers
- FAA certified flight instructor will teach you the basics of flying on this 45-minute introductory flight
- Take the controls as you and up to 2 friends fly over Fort Lauderdale, Sunny Island, Miami Beach and more
- No experience necessary!
Discover the unique sensation of flying a Robinson R44 Helicopter over the beautiful Florida coastline on this Learn to Fly a Helicopter experience in Fort Lauderdale!
After meeting your friendly FAA certified flight instructor your lesson will begin with a short ground school including a pre-flight inspection. Once all your questions are answered and you're feeling confident, it's time for take-off!
Your instructor will man the controls until you reach altitude, but once air bound you'll take over and soar above luxury beaches and villas at only 500 feet. You'll see skyscrapers in stunning detail and if you're lucky you may even see sharks swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Atlantic.
Not only will you get to learn the basics of flying in the comfort of a Robinson R44 Helicopter, you'll get to enjoy the beautiful Florida scenery with up to 2 friends on this Learn to Fly a Helicopter experience!
- Students must be at least 16 years of age
- Weight of individual particpants cannot exceed 280 pounds
- Maximum total participant weight is 550 pounds
- Students and passengers must present a valid photo ID at check-in
1 hour, with approximately 45 minutes of time in the helicopter (engine start to engine stop).
1 student and up to 2 passengers; however, the total weight of both the student and the passengers must be no more than 550 pounds.
Up to 2 passengers may come along for the flight, so long as the total weight of the student and passengers is no more than 550 pounds. Additional spectators may come to the airport to watch or take pictures of take-off and landing, but the spectators must be at least 18 years of age.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions, closed-toe shoes, and sunglasses are highly recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 3 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed with at least 72 hours notice to your experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Are there any restrictions?
All participants must weigh less than 280 pounds and the total combined passenger weight cannot exceed 550 pounds. To be in the student's seat participant's must be at least 16 years old.
What should I bring?
All passengers must present a valid photo ID at check-in in order to participate. It's also highly recommended to bring your camera!
Other Miami Gift Ideas:(View all 64 Miami experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(18)From: $190
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $349
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $299
- Race an Audi R8Avg Rating of: 5(3)From: $249
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $469
- South Beach Miami Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(10)From: $60
- Florida Keys Sunset Heli Tour (for 2+)From: $318
- Ultimate Exotic Car RacingAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $849
- Exotic Car Thrill RideAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $89
- All Miami Experiences