Bucket List Biplane Ride
Stanton Airfield - Dennison, MN
May through October:
Monday through Saturday - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Take-off from historic Stanton Airfield, a World War II training base, for a 15 minute scenic flight
- Fly with a friendly and experienced FAA certified pilot
- Fly over the Sogn Valley, tracing its rolling hills and magnificent patchwork of forests
- Feel the unforgettable, wind-in-your-face thrills of flying aboard a vintage, open-cockpit biplane!
- Looking for a longer flight? Check out the Cannon Falls Scenic Biplane Flight. Wanna fly the plane? Check out our Fly a Biplane experience
Climb aboard a meticulously restored 1941 Boeing Stearman, a World War II training aircraft, for the the flight of a lifetime.
Your experienced FAA Certified Pilot will take you on an adventure back in time to the 1940's! The authentic radial engine will roar to life and, once airborne, the rush of air from the wooden prop will wash over you, creating an experience unlike any other!
After takeoff, you'll enjoy a 15 minute flight circling over Sogn Valley, tracing its rolling hills and picturesque forests.
Prepare to cross another unforgettable experience off your bucket list - flying in a vintage, open-cockpit biplane!
- Participants must weigh less than 300 pounds and be at least 4 feet tall so they can see over the plane
- Participants must be able to climb in and out of the front seat
Approximately 15 minutes of flight time
One participant per flight
Friends and family are welcome to watch the plane take-off and land. Don't forget a camera!
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear clothing appropriate for expected weather conditions. It is recommended to dress as if you were going for a ride in a convertible, as the plane has an open-cockpit.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 5 days prior to the experience. All cancellations are subject to a 7% fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 5 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is this safe?
Yes. The Stearman biplane in maintained above and beyond FAA standards, and only highly qualified, ex-military or commercial pilots are ever at the controls.
Where is Stanton Airfield?
Stanton Airfield is less than an hour drive south of Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Are there any restrictions on who can fly?
Passengers must be at least 4 feet tall to see out of the plane and weigh under 300 pounds. Participants must also be able to climb into the front seat of the plane.
Other Minneapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 37 Minneapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(59)From: $110
- Twin Cities Scenic Plane TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(39)From: $119
- Zipline Canopy TourFrom: $117
- Date Night Pottery Class (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 3(1)From: $150
- Downtown Minneapolis Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $48
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - DuluthFrom: $294
- Spec Car Racing School - BrainerdAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $376
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- All Minneapolis Experiences