Intro to Snow Kiting in Minneapolis
Most weekends during the winter months
*Wind and weather permitting
- Expert instructors have taught Kiting to hundreds of students with over 6 years of experience in this newly emerging sport
- This clinic will cover kite control, safety, equipment and more
- Kite and harness provided
- Learn in a safe environment with a low student-to-teacher ratio!
Test your skills on your skis or snowboard this winter in this Intro to Snow Kiting course!
You will be taught the basics of kite control before heading out for practice on the snow. Learn how to safely use your equipment and how to kite and your desired comfort level. Once you have the technique down, you'll be able to pick up speed and try your hand at a few tricks!
The goal is to have you riding by the end of the course!
- No snow kiting experience is necessary as you will cover the basics during the intro portion
- This experience is recommended for ages 8 and older, however there is no age requirement
- Participants must provide their own skis/snowboard, helmet and warm clothes
- Kite and harness provided
- It's recommended to bring a snack/lunch and water
This class is 4-6 hours depending on the number of students booked.
You may be joined by up to 4 other students.
This experience is for booked participants only.
This experience is weather dependent and requires ample and safe wind. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress appropriately for expected weather conditions and as if you were going skiing or snowboarding. You must provide your own ski/snowboard and helmet.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What should I bring?
Participants must provide their own skis/snowboard, helmet and warm clothes. It is recommended to bring snacks and/or lunch. A kite and harness will be provided.
Can anyone learn to kite?
Snow kiting is a unique sport that anyone can learn! It does require a lot of physical endurance and is recommended for those in good health and physical condition. This sport can be tailored from cruising in light winds to pushing your limits for an extreme sport.
Is kiteboarding safe?
This course is designed to teach you how to control the kite, where to safely fly and includes all necessary equipment. You will be provided with the techniques to determine your comfort level and how you want to ride.
Are there any age requirements?
There are no age requirements for this experience, however it is recommended for ages 8 and older.
Other Minneapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 34 Minneapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(54)From: $110
- Twin Cities Scenic Plane TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(34)From: $119
- Date Night Pottery Class (for 2+)From: $150
- Spec Car Racing School - BrainerdAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $376
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- Downtown Minneapolis Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(18)From: $42
- Lamborghini Thrill RideAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $215
- Lotus Exige Thrill RideAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $108
- All Minneapolis Experiences