Intro to Snow Kiting in Minneapolis
Seasonal- most weekends during the winter months, wind and weather permitting.
- Our expert instructors have taught Kiting to hundreds of students, with over 6 years of experience in this newly emerging sport
- Learn in a safe environment with a limited number of students per instructor
- This day-long session will cover kite control, safety, equipment and more
- Kite, harness and lunch provided
This day long snow kiting course is all you'll need to start riding on the snow.
This course covers basics of kite control, and moves directly into riding on snow. We also spend considerable time teaching you about safety and your equipment, allowing you to "shop smart" when purchasing your first gear. As always this course is grounded in safe kiting practices.
You can expect to be riding at the conclusion of this course.
There are no prerequisites for this class, as you will cover the basics during the intro portion.
You need to bring skis or snowboard, helmet and warm clothes. All other necessary equipment will be provided as well as lunch.
This class is 7 hours, beginning at 10am and ending at 5pm.
You may be joined by up to 4 other students.
This experience is weather dependent, and requires ample and safe wind. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress as you would if skiing or snowboarding.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Can anyone learn to kite?
Kiting can be learned by anyone in decent physical shape. With proper instruction and adherence to safety precautions anyone can fly and enjoy kiting. The sport offers many levels of extremes and how far you choose to push it will be up to you. Some prefer to cruise around in light winds very relaxed, others are pushing the envelope each time they go out, jumping higher, trying new tricks etc. It is important to find the path that feels comfortable for you.
Is kiteboarding safe?
With proper instruction, you'll learn how to control the kite, where to fly safely and how to minimize injury to yourself and others.
Unfortunately, a lot of what people see of kiteboarding is the freestyle end of kiteboarding, where riders are hucking themselves 20-35 ft in the air, "going off". While this is a great, exciting part of the sport, it is not for everyone. Freestyle does add a level of risk that not all are comfortable with. Many riders love to quietly slice through the wind, leaving all their troubles behind, relaxing, suspended under the pull of the kite. Others like to go Mach 6 across the water or ice. Some like to carve huge GS turns downwind. Kiteboarding is about finding your ride, the ride that gives you the most pleasure with a level of risk you are comfortable with.
Other Minneapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 29 Minneapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 5(28)
- Twin Cities Scenic Plane TourFrom: $145Avg Rating of: 4-half(17)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $255
- Downtown Minneapolis Food TourFrom: $50Avg Rating of: 4(8)
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- Date Night Pottery Class (for 2+)From: $180
- Swedish MassageFrom: $155Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)
- Deep Tissue MassageFrom: $160
- All Minneapolis Experiences