Flying Cloud Airport - Eden Prairie, MN
Daily - 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- In business for over 35 years, your flight school is one of the oldest commercial aviation operations in the Midwestern U.S.
- FAA Certified Flight Instructors
- After a preflight inspection and explanation of flight instruments, you will put on your headset and prepare for take off!
- No experience necessary
This first flight lesson is truly an experience you will never forget. After your introduction and safety debriefing, you will climb into the cockpit of a Piper Archer or Piper Warrior aircraft.
Your instructor will teach you the basics before take off, and soon you will be flying into the wild blue yonder. Once you are at your cruising altitude you will be able take the controls with your pilot's guidance.
After you have landed, you will take pride in knowing that you have accomplished something that few others have dared to attempt.
- Fly either a Piper Warrior or Piper Archer
- Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present to sign a liability waiver
- This introductory flight can only be booked once per participant
- Temperature must be 5 below 0 or higher to fly
1 hour total with approximately 30 minutes of time in the aircraft. Time is calculated from engine start to engine stop.
1 participant per plane
Spectators are welcome to watch the plane take off and land.
This experience is weather dependent and temperatures must be at least 5 below zero to fly. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress appropriately for expected weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Can I participate if I am under 18 years old?
Yes, but you will need a parent or guardian present with you at the airport to sign a waiver.
Other Minneapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 35 Minneapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(57)From: $110
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - DuluthFrom: $294
- Twin Cities Scenic Plane TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(34)From: $119
- Date Night Pottery Class (for 2+)From: $150
- Spec Car Racing School - BrainerdAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $376
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- Downtown Minneapolis Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(18)From: $42
- Fly a BiplaneFrom: $256
- All Minneapolis Experiences
"Cliff, our pilot, was fantastic. He went above and beyond to make the experience a wonderful memory."
"It was easy to set up the experience. All I had to do was to click to buy the voucher, and give them some dates that I was available. Cloud 9 Living booked the event for me, and send me an email. Then I just showed up to the appointment. The flight was exactly as it was described, no surprises. "
"Minor suggestions: There was not much information (or I didn't find it) that gave good information on getting to the actual location of the flight experience. There was information that the pre-flight check was 30 min and the flight was 30 min. I believe we spent about 5-7 min on the pre-flight check. I'm sure we spent 30 minutes flying, but it went by too quick! Gary was an excellent instructor and made my first flight experience a very positive one. He was not only a pilot for 30 years but also worked air traffic control. Felt very comfortable with him in my co-pilot's seat! (Yes, I did get to fly from the Captain's seat!)"