Learn to Fly in Minneapolis
Flying Cloud Airport; Eden Prairie, MN
Flights run daily from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- In business for over 35 years, your flight school is one of the oldest commercial aviation operations in the Midwestern U.S.
- FAA Certified Flight Instructors
- After a preflight inspection and explanation of flight instruments, you will put on your headset and prepare for take off!
- No experience necessary
This first flight lesson is truly an experience you will never forget. After your introduction and safety debriefing, you will climb into the cockpit of a Piper Archer or Piper Warrior aircraft.
Your instructor will teach you the basics before take off, and soon you will be flying into the wild blue yonder. Once you are at your cruising altitude you will be able take the controls with your pilot's guidance.
After you have landed, you will take pride in knowing that you have accomplished something that few others have dared to attempt.
Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign a waiver.
This introductory flight lesson can only be booked once per person.
Plane used is either a Piper Warrior or Piper Archer.
The necessary temperature to fly is 5 below zero or higher.
1 hour total with approximately 30 minutes of time in the aircraft. Time is calculated from engine start to engine stop.
1 per plane
Spectators are welcome to watch the plane take off and land.
This experience is weather dependent and temperatures must be at least 5 below zero to fly. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 24 hours prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule at least 24 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Can I participate if I am under 18 years old?
Yes, but you will need a parent or guardian present with you at the airport to sign a waiver.
Other Minneapolis Experiences:(View all 29 Minneapolis experiences)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 5(27)
- Twin Cities Scenic Plane TourFrom: $145Avg Rating of: 4-half(17)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $255
- Downtown Minneapolis Food TourFrom: $50Avg Rating of: 4(7)
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- Date Night Pottery Class (for 2+)From: $180
- Swedish MassageFrom: $155Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)
- Deep Tissue MassageFrom: $160
- All Minneapolis Experiences
- Gift Certificates
"We had a very enjoyable experience, and overall I would do it again! We weren't able to do preflight and the flight was only about 20 mins airtime but it was a good time. "
"Our instructor Greg was phenomenal! Will do it again with him in the near future. "
"Staffs were friendly and great with me. "