Flying Cloud Airport - Eden Prairie, MN
Daily - 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- In business for over 35 years, your flight school is one of the oldest commercial aviation operations in the Midwestern U.S.
- FAA Certified Flight Instructors
- After a preflight inspection and explanation of flight instruments, you will put on your headset and prepare for take off!
- No experience necessary
This first flight lesson is truly an experience you will never forget. After your introduction and safety debriefing, you will climb into the cockpit of a Piper Archer or Piper Warrior aircraft.
Your instructor will teach you the basics before take off, and soon you will be flying into the wild blue yonder. Once you are at your cruising altitude you will be able take the controls with your pilot's guidance.
After you have landed, you will take pride in knowing that you have accomplished something that few others have dared to attempt.
- Fly either a Piper Warrior or Piper Archer
- Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present to sign a liability waiver
- This introductory flight can only be booked once per participant
- Temperature must be 5 below 0 or higher to fly
1 hour total with approximately 30 minutes of time in the aircraft.Time is calculated from engine start to engine stop.
1 participant per plane
Spectators are welcome to watch the plane take off and land.
This experience is weather dependent and temperatures must be at least 5 below zero to fly. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress appropriately for expected weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Can I participate if I am under 18 years old?
Yes, but you will need a parent or guardian present with you at the airport to sign a waiver.
Other Minneapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 28 Minneapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $110Avg Rating of: 5(37)
- Twin Cities Scenic Plane TourFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 4-half(22)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $225Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Downtown Minneapolis Food TourFrom: $42Avg Rating of: 4-half(15)
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- Date Night Pottery Class (for 2+)From: $150
- Swedish MassageFrom: $128Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)
- Deep Tissue MassageFrom: $137
- All Minneapolis Experiences
"If you're interested in learning to fly, this is a good first foray. Experience facilities were clean, bright, modern and had a friendly feeling that inspired confidence. The pilot was calm, pleasant and knowledgeable. The aircraft, though not new, was in strong running condition and behaved properly and predictably throughout. Near Lake Minnetonka, experience involved a flyover of the lake and a nice view of downtown Minneapolis from the air."
"It was an awesome experience. Absolutely perfect. The instructor was great. Gave me an opportunity to really experience flying. And with the old adage, 'always leave them wanting more'...the experience was so good I would really like to do it again. "
"This was a great experience for my husband . The only complaint he had was that although the instructor was very friendly he didn't not "teach" as well as my husband hoped he would while up in the air. He wished more would have been explained about what to do next and why. Overall great experience though!"