Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Duluth
Duluth International Airport - Duluth, MN
Daily - Dawn to Dusk
*Pending pilot availability
- Experience the thrill of your first flight at one of the premier flight schools in the region
- Take the controls and practice hovering and straight flight under the supervision of your FAA Certified flight instructor
- Fly in a Robinson R-22, one of the safest and most popular aircrafts in the world
- This lesson includes a pre-flight briefing, approximately 25 minutes of flight, and a debriefing with your instructor
- No experience necessary!
Have you always dreamed of taking the controls of a helicopter and soaring effortlessly through the sky? Now is your chance to take the controls and learn the basics of flight during this fun and exhilarating experience!
Your introductory flight lesson will begin with a pre-flight briefing with your FAA Certified instructor, during which you will go over Special Federal Aviation Regulations and be introduced to the aircraft. Before you know it you will be climbing aboard the meticulously maintained Robinson R-22 and preparing for take-off!
During your approximately 25-minute flight, the instructor will hand the controls over to you and allow you to practice straight and level flight, climbs, turns and descents!
It will be an unforgettable experience!
- Participant's weight must not exceed 300 pounds
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age and have parental consent if under 18 years old
- Participants will be required to present a valid photo ID (passport or driver's license)
- No experience necessary
This experience will last approximately 2 hours, including approximately 25 minutes of flight time.
This experience is for the student and the instructor only.
Spectators are welcome to come and watch or take pictures and view the take-off.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather or aircraft maintenance, you will reschedule your experience directly with the experience provider.
Do I need previous flight experience?
No! This introductory flight is perfect for beginners.
Are there any age requirements?
Yes. The minimum age requirement for this introductory flight is 16 years old. Any students under 18 years old must have parental consent to fly.
What happens in the case of bad weather?
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider directly if you have any concerns regarding weather. If the provider needs to cancel your flight due to inclement weather, they will contact you at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled flight time.
Other Minneapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 36 Minneapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(59)From: $110
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - DuluthFrom: $294
- Twin Cities Scenic Plane TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(37)From: $119
- Date Night Pottery Class (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 3(1)From: $150
- Spec Car Racing School - BrainerdAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $376
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- Downtown Minneapolis Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(19)From: $42
- Fly a BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $256
- All Minneapolis Experiences