Twin Cities Scenic Plane Tour
Flying Cloud Airport - Eden Prairie, MN
Daily - 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- In business for over 35 years, your provider is one of the oldest commercial aviation operations in the Midwestern U.S.
- FAA certified pilots, thousands of hours of flight time
- Cessna 172 aircraft, the most successful mass produced light aircraft in history
- Enjoy stunning views of Lake Minnetonka, downtown Minneapolis, the State Capital, or even your house!
Whether you're planning a romantic evening for two, or simply satisfying your desire to be airborne, this scenic tour is sure to provide you with an unforgettable experience.
After a short safety briefing, you will speed down the runway and lift into the clear blue sky leaving all your worries behind.
Once you're at your cruising altitude your pilot will begin to show you the sites of this incredible region as you stare in awe at the amazing views.
Sit back and relax as you cruise past Lake Minnetonka, downtown Minneapolis, the State Capital, or even your house!
Whether it's Winter's white glow, Spring's new bud's, Summer's lush green, or Fall's vast spectrum of colors, each season in Minnesota is prettier than the next, making this scenic flight enjoyable all year round.
Combined weight of participants must not exceed 650 pounds.
30 minute flight: Approximately 30 minutes from engine start to engine stop. 60 minute flight: Approximately 60 minutes from engine start to engine stop.
Up to 3
Spectators are welcome to watch the plane take off and land.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Can I participate if I am under 18 years old?
Yes, but you will need a parent or guardian present with you at the airport to sign a waiver.
Other Minneapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 29 Minneapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 5(33)
- Twin Cities Scenic Plane TourFrom: $145Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $255Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Downtown Minneapolis Food TourFrom: $50Avg Rating of: 4-half(14)
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- Date Night Pottery Class (for 2+)From: $180
- Swedish MassageFrom: $155Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)
- Deep Tissue MassageFrom: $160
- All Minneapolis Experiences
"This was one of the best experiences we ever had and my fiancé and I couldn't have been more pleased! The pilot was knowledgable, funny and very personable. We will definitely be doing another scenic tour as well as other attractions found on the website. We only purchased a half hour and will definitely be doing a longer ride next time. We did it in the fall so it was absolutely breathtaking to see the different colors of falls and all the lakes. "
"Called the flight service and received all the information to be at the location on time. Walked in the door and was directed to the pilot of the aircraft. He asked about several items and had a flight plan in mind. we traveled over the St. Paul downtown, the MN State fair and headed for Minneapolis. Turn north to the small area of our home and then headed back to the airport. I would recommend the Thunderbird Aviation on the employee courtesy and knowledgeable pilots."
"My famaly and I,were very pleased with the experience we had.Will definitely will recommend to friends and family. Thank you again for all."