Flying Cloud Airport - Eden Prairie, MN
Daily - 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- In business for over 35 years, your provider is one of the oldest commercial aviation operations in the Midwestern U.S.
- FAA certified pilots, thousands of hours of flight time
- Cessna 172 aircraft, the most successful mass produced light aircraft in history
- Enjoy stunning views of Lake Minnetonka, downtown Minneapolis, the State Capital, or even your house!
Whether you're planning a romantic evening for two, or simply satisfying your desire to be airborne, this scenic tour is sure to provide you with an unforgettable experience.
After a short safety briefing, you will speed down the runway and lift into the clear blue sky leaving all your worries behind.
Once you're at your cruising altitude your pilot will begin to show you the sites of this incredible region as you stare in awe at the amazing views.
Sit back and relax as you cruise past Lake Minnetonka, downtown Minneapolis, the State Capital, or even your house!
Whether it's Winter's white glow, Spring's new bud's, Summer's lush green, or Fall's vast spectrum of colors, each season in Minnesota is prettier than the next, making this scenic flight enjoyable all year round.
Combined weight of participants must not exceed 650 pounds.
30 minute flight: Approximately 30 minutes from engine start to engine stop. 60 minute flight: Approximately 60 minutes from engine start to engine stop.
Up to 3
Spectators are welcome to watch the plane take off and land.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Can I participate if I am under 18 years old?
Yes, but you will need a parent or guardian present with you at the airport to sign a waiver.
Other Minneapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 32 Minneapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $110Avg Rating of: 5(42)
- Twin Cities Scenic Plane TourFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 4-half(27)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $225Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Downtown Minneapolis Food TourFrom: $42Avg Rating of: 4-half(15)
- Lamborghini Thrill RideFrom: $175
- Corvette Thrill RideFrom: $100
- Lotus Exige Thrill RideFrom: $75
- Radical SR3 Thrill RideFrom: $175
- All Minneapolis Experiences
"Booking the flight from a gift certificate was not easy, but when I contacted the company in regards to the difficulty, they contacted me back right away and were incredible. Our flight was booked and confirmed and the experience was really fun. Just seeing the view of where we live and roads we drive almost daily from the air was truly a new way to view the area we have lived in for so many years. Our instructor was incredible and explained what to expect and the areas. I would recommend her also. Thank you for a wonderful Saturday morning flight."
"Our flight with Thunderbird Aviation was such a fun experience! Ian was super-friendly and answered all of our questions about the flight. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a fun flying experience. I really want to go again!"
"This scenic tour was a gift to us from our kids. Our pilot was friendly, and I felt safe with her. We had a good experience and would recommend it to others. I couldn't see over the front at all, but saw plenty out the side window. I sat to the left of the pilot. We used the gift on our 54th anniversary."