Wednesday through Saturday - daylight hours
Try your hand as an Equipment Operator in an adult-sized sandbox where you can dig, dump, and doze the day away!
- Select heavy machinery equipment to use during your experience
- Work through fun and challenging activities at the first and only recreational heavy equipment adventure playground in the Midwest
- Featured on Shark Tank and named a top attraction in Minneapolis/St. Paul by TripAdvisor
- Come ready to have a great time...no experience necessary!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to drive the heavy machinery on a construction site? This is your chance to fulfill a childhood dream and take control of the equipment in an adult-sized sandbox!
Your adventure begins with a short safety training program and equipment overview. After being fitted with hands-free radio communication between you and your instructor, you are ready take the controls!
Your experience takes place on an undeveloped "jobsite", where you will test your hand eye coordination and skill. Your activities and obstacles will depend on the types of machinery selected.
It feels just like a real construction site, only more fun!
Ultimate Sandbox for 1 Participant:
At the time of booking you will choose two pieces of equipment to control during your experience: Excavator, Bulldozer, or Wheel Loader.
Ultimate Sandbox for 2 Participants:
Select our option for 2 participants if you would like to split your experience time with a friend.
Add a Car Crush:
Select our option that includes a Car Crush and you will spend part of your experience in the car crush Destruction Zone!
Ultimate Sandbox PLUS a 3rd Piece of Equipment:
Select our option that includes a 3rd piece of equipment to drive all three machines during your experience: Excavator, Bulldozer, and Wheel Loader.
- No Experience Necessary
- Participants must be at least 14 years of age
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian
- Children are not allowed near the equipment, but are encouraged to come and watch from the spectator viewing area during the experience. Children are also invited to sit in the equipment when it is parked and not running.
3.5 hours - 30 minutes of instruction, followed by 3 hours of equipment use
The equipment is single rider only.
Spectators are welcome to come watch from a comfortable viewing area that overlooks the sandbox.
This experience runs rain or shine. Your experience provider will do their best to call you prior to your session to reschedule in the case of extreme weather. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
All equipment has climate controlled enclosed cabs that can be adjusted for comfort. Be sure to wear comfortable and durable clothing; jeans are recommended. You will likely get dirty, so don't wear your favorite clothes! Close-toed shoes are required.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 3 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations are not allowed, however you may reschedule up to 72 hours prior to your booked date by contacting your experience provider directly. If you reschedule within 24-72 hours of your booked date, a fee of 50% of your experience value will apply. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule within the policy will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is this experience safe?
Safety is the number one priority. All participants go through classroom training and will receive one-on-one guidance from our highly trained instructors. All participants are equipped with hands-free radio communication devices and will be in contact with their instructor at all times during the adventure. Finally, all equipment contains remote shut-off devices so that instructors can turn off the machine at any time during activitity if necessary.
Do I need a driver's license?
No, a driver's license is not required. Participants must be at least 14 years of age. Minors must be accompanied by parents or legal guardians.
Can more than one person do this experience at once?
All of our equipment is single rider only. If people want to experience this together we can run two individuals separately at the same time to experience the sandbox together. An example could be one individual would be running the excavator while the other person is running the bulldozer and the instructors could coordinate some activities together. Please note if you would like to do this experience with someone else at the time of booking.
Can I split the experience with someone else?
Yes, when purchasing you can choose between two different pricing options: either do the whole experience yourself, or purchase the Ultimate Sandbox for 2 to split the package time with another person.
Other Minneapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 37 Minneapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(59)From: $110
- Twin Cities Scenic Plane TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(39)From: $119
- Zipline Canopy TourFrom: $117
- Date Night Pottery Class (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 3(1)From: $150
- Downtown Minneapolis Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $42
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - DuluthFrom: $294
- Spec Car Racing School - BrainerdAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $376
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- All Minneapolis Experiences
"Exceptional experience. My husband loved his gift. I would use Cloud 9 Living again in a heartbeat. I have recommended it to all of my friends."
"Our guide was Adam. He was tremendous and very encouraging with us. His calm demeanor eased our nervousness and gave us confidence that we could actually perform like we knew what we were doing. My wife and I had a blast and the experience was awesome. Thanks for the fun."