Daily -8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Learn from an experienced FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Take the controls of a Cessna - the most popular flight training aircraft in the world
- You'll start with a flight orientation and safety briefing then take to the sky where you'll have the opportunity to control the aircraft the majority of the flight
- No experience necessary!
Experience the thrill of flying with a certified FAA Flight Instructor by your side when you Learn to Fly in Nashville!
You'll begin your exciting aviation adventure with an orientation and safety briefing. Once you've completed the pre-flight checklist, you'll step aboard one of the most popular training aircraft in the world, the Cessna, and prepare for takeoff!
You'll act as co-pilot until airborne and then take control of the aircraft once you've reached cruising altitude! During the 1-hour flight, you'll learn everything you need to know to fly safely and effectively.
Your pilot will land the aircraft and after the post flight debriefing, you can consider your lesson complete. If you get hooked on flying after this unbeatable experience and decide to pursue your private pilot license, you can apply this 1-hour flight lesson toward your certification.
Choose to fly a Cessa 152 with just the pilot or bring along up to 2 passengers in the Cessna 172.
Discover the art of flying when you Learn to Fly in Nashville!
- This experience is for participants ages 14 and older
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Must bring a valid photo ID
- Participants must weigh less than 240 pounds to fly in the Cessna 152
This Learn to Fly near Nashville will be 1.5-2 hours in duration, with 1 hour of flight time.
Cessna 152: 1 student, 1 pilot; Cessna 172: 1 student, 1 pilot and up to 2 passengers
Spectators are welcome to watch take-off and landing for all options. Up to 2 passengers may ride with the student for the Cessna 172 option.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 10 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancelling or rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary! Your certified FAA pilot will be with you every step of the way!
What should I bring with me?
All participants must present a valid form of identification. It is also recommended to bring a camera and a bottle of water.
What type of plane is used?
You can choose between the 2-seater Cessna 152 or the 4-seater Cessna 172.
Other Nashville Gift Ideas:(View all 19 Nashville experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $180
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Supercar Thrill RideFrom: $299
- Tandem Hang Gliding FlightAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $199
- Whitewater Raft the Middle OcoeeAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $60
- Flyboard AdventureFrom: $195
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- All Nashville Experiences
"A wonderful experience. I would do it again. Really awesome. "
"I surprised my husband with an hour flight around downtown Nashville. We had a great time! Our pilot was extremely friendly and made us feel very comfortable, as he was very knowledgeable about everything. We would definitely do this again, and have already suggested for our friends to give it a try! "