Middle/Upper Ocoee Rafting
Ocoee River; 10 miles east of Cleveland, TN
May - September
Most weekends at 10:00 AM
- Over 35 years experience guiding rafters
- Run the challenging rapids that were home to the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games Whitewater Slalom Events
- Tackle Class III-IV rapids through the Middle Ocoee, and pumping Class IV rapids through the Upper Ocoee
- Located in the heart of Tennessee's scenic Cherokee National Forest
Step up to the challenge and excitement of rafting the Upper and Middle Ocoee River through Tennesee's Cherokee National Forest. The Upper Ocoee's rapids are solid Class IV and they feature the biggest drops on the river, high ledge drops, powerful holes, and stunning scenery.
Feel the rush as you run the Olympic Section--a quarter mile slalom course of the most challenging whitewater on the river, highlighted by the Class IV rapid "Humongous".
Rafting the Middle and Upper Ocoee is one of the greatest full-day rafting experience in the United States!
Participants must be at least 12 years of age.
All trips on the Ocoee include shuttle to and from the river and Ocoee outpost, paddle and self-bailing rafts, USCG-approved Type V Personal Floatation Device, paddling jackets and pants if wanted, and wetsuits in cooler weather. Helmets are required on the Ocoee and are provided.
There will be a guide in every raft. Wetsuit Booties are not available.
4 hours on the water, 5.5 hours total
6 per raft
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
For this experience sunscreen, sunglasses, a brimmed hat, water shoes or water sandals, and quick drying shorts and shirt not cotton are recommended. Because you may get wet, you'll also want to bring a change of clothes and don't forget the sunscreen!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel, or reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Nashville Gift Ideas:(View all 19 Nashville experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $180
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Supercar Thrill RideFrom: $299
- Tandem Hang Gliding FlightAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $199
- Whitewater Raft the Middle OcoeeAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $60
- Flyboard AdventureFrom: $195
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- All Nashville Experiences