Whitewater Raft the Middle Ocoee
Ocoee River - 10 miles east of Cleveland, TN
May - September
Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday - 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM
- Over 35 years experience guiding rafters
- The Ocoee River was the site of the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games Whitewater Slalom Events
- Tackle Class III-IV rapids rushing through the heart of Tennessee's scenic Cherokee National Forest
- Great experience for families, friends, or corporate team-building
This 5-mile section of the Ocoee packs more fun and excitement than imaginable into this half-day trip. The Middle Ocoee is a great introduction to whitewater rafting and is great fun for kids from 12 to 80.
Site of the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games Whitewater Slalom Events, the Ocoee River offers fast-moving currents, big waves, and rollicking Class III-IV action rushing through the heart of the Cherokee National Forest in eastern Tennessee. Feel the rush as you run exciting rapids like Powerhouse, Double Trouble, or the legendary Grumpy's.
Now you too can "Go for the Gold" on this truly Olympic river!
Participants must be at least 12 years of age.
All trips on the Ocoee include shuttle to and from the river and Ocoee outpost, paddle and self-bailing rafts, USCG-approved Type V Personal Flotation Device, paddling jackets and pants if wanted, and wetsuits in cooler weather. Helmets are required on the Ocoee and are provided.
There will be a guide in every raft. Wetsuit Booties are not available.
1.5 hours on the water, 3 hours total
6 per raft
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
For this experience sunscreen, sunglasses, a brimmed hat, water shoes or water sandals, and quick drying shorts and shirt not cotton are recommended. Because you may get wet, you'll also want to bring a change of clothes and don't forget the sunscreen!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel, or reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Nashville Gift Ideas:(View all 18 Nashville experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $180
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Supercar Thrill RideFrom: $299
- Tandem Hang Gliding FlightAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $199
- Whitewater Raft the Middle OcoeeAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $60
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- Race a PorscheFrom: $338
- All Nashville Experiences
"We had never been white water rafting before. This experience was great for a beginner. The guide, Pete, at NOC was FANTASTIC. There wasn't anything they could have done better. Best vacation we've had in years!"
"My boyfriend and myself took this rafting trip and had THE BEST TIME EVER !!! I highly recommend it and will be going again next year!"
"This past weekend my wife and I had the rafting experience of a life time... Your experience and professionalism was evident the entire trip. Great job guys!"