Pocono Raceway - Long Pond, PA
New Jersey Motorsports Park - Millville, NJ
Select dates Spring - Fall:
AM Half Day Program - 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
PM Half Day Program - 12:30 PM to 5:30 PM
Full Day Program - 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
* 2017 dates to be announced
- Real formula 2000 racecar, 0-60 MPH in 4.2 seconds!
- Hit speeds of up to 130 MPH, pull up to 2 G's in the corners and stop on a dime
- Started by a Professional Formula One driver, this school has been teaching students for over 30 years
- Fully certified as an Authorized Competition Licensing School by the Sports Car Club of America.
Suit up and strap in behind the wheel of a Formula 2000 racecar! There is no speed limit and no on-coming traffic, just you and a racecar that handles better than anything you have ever driven!
Your day starts with an introductory classroom session teaching you what it takes to control a Formula 2000 racecar so that you can hit speeds of up to 130 MPH! Next, you'll watch a live demonstration and move on to complete a practice run in a Volvo Sedan.
Lastly, you'll get suited up in the same attire worn by the pros and fitted for a full-face helmet, then it's off to the races!
Half Day Program:Two 20 minute racing sessions or 30 Laps of racing
Full Day Program: Four 20 minute racing sessions or 60 Laps of racing
Pocono International Raceway: Pocono International Raceway offers 3 different interior road courses. All 3 courses are used, but only one for each program date. The North Road Course is a 1.5 mile course including 9 turns and 2 straights, the longest being approximately 1,700 feet. The South Road Course is a 1-mile course featuring 10 turns, including a hairpin, and 3 short straights. The East Road Course is a 1.4-mile with 13 turns, including a hairpin and 4 straights, the longest being approximately 1,545 feet
New Jersey Motorsports Park: New Jersey Motorsports Park is one of the most unique and dynamic motorsports parks in the country. This world class complex includes the signature Thunderbolt Raceway as well as the Lightning Raceway. Both courses are used, but only one for each program date. The Thunderbolt Raceway features 2.25 miles of asphalt, 12 challenging turns and a 0.5-mile straightaway. The Lightning Raceway is a 1.9 mile circuit in the northern section of the park. This 10 corner circuit is fast and challenging featuring some of the most interesting and dramatic corners and elevation changes in the park.
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission
- Participants must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license
- Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present to sign a release waiver
- Maximum height is 6'6" and maximum weight is 300 pounds
- Driving suit and helmet are included
- Feel free to bring drinks and snacks
- It is recommended to bring lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators; seating is limited
Half day programs are 5 hours and full day programs are approximately 9.5 hours.
18 per session
Friends and family are encouraged to come and watch! It is recommended for all spectators to bring drinks and snacks to enjoy while at the track as well as lawn chairs for seating.
This experience runs rain or shine. If a program is cancelled due to inclement weather, only students present will receive a credit to take the course again. If you do not show up for your program and it is cancelled due to weather, no refund or credit will be given.
What to Wear:
Please dress appropriately for expected weather conditions. Thin walking shoes are recommended; closed-toe shoes are required. A driving suit and helmet will be provided.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 21 days prior to the scheduled date for a $25.00 fee. If you reschedule your program 20 days to 8 days prior to the scheduled date, 25% of your tuition will be charged to schedule a new date. If you reschedule your program 7 days to 3 days prior to the scheduled date, 50% of your tuition will be charged to schedule a new date. Rescheduling is not permitted once you are within 3 days of your booked date and time. Cancellations within 3 days are considered a "no show" and you forfeit the entire tuition and no refunds or credits will be given.
What is the age requirement?
Participants must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license. If you are under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian must be present to sign a release waiver.
What if there is inclement weather?
All programs run rain or shine. If a program is cancelled due to inclement weather, only students present will receive a credit to take the course again. If you do not show up for your program and it is cancelled due to weather, no refund or credit will be given.
Can I bring family and friends?
We encourage you to bring family and friends to watch and take pictures.All guests and students must sign in upon arrival.
Do you offer photography or video of my experience?
Yes, in-car video is available and provides a unique opportunity to capture your experience on DVD that you can take with you upon the completion of your program. A professional photographer is also on hand to take pictures of your experience for a small fee.
Will I need insurance for the program in case there is damage to the car?
No, students are not held liable for damage in this program.
What is the difference between the half day and full day package?
You'll have more classroom and track time during a full day. During a full day you'll drive four 20-minute sessions, which is approximately 60 laps. During a half day you'll drive two 20-minute sessions, which is approximately 30 laps.
Do I need to know how to drive a stick?
Yes, to drive you are required to have experience in operating a manual transmission.
Other New Jersey Gift Ideas:(View all 42 New Jersey experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Stock Car Ride Along - PoconoAvg Rating of: 4(14)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - PoconoAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $549
- Learn to Fly - PrincetonAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $199
- Learn to Fly - MedfordAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $155
- New Jersey Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $144
- New Jersey Lunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(5)From: $71
- New Jersey Sunday Brunch CruiseFrom: $80
- Formula 2000 RacingAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $575
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $350
- All New Jersey Experiences
"Yes! Way too much fun."
"I already have recommended you to 2 friends!"
"It's beyond reword show to express how great the people from Bertil Roos are. One of the best experience of my life. "