Saturdays - 2:00 PM
- Tour has been featured in the New York Times and guides areTripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award recipients
- Explore the old and new eateries in the area on the 3.5-hour walking food tour
- Sample mozzarella, pizza and visit Carlo's Bakery from TLC's reality show, Cake Boss
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the local favorites!
Get a taste of Italy when you receive an insider's look at the best eateries in town on the Hoboken Historical Food Tour!
Your friendly and experienced guide will lead you on a 3.5 hour walking tour and highlight local restaurants in the area.
Fresh and delicious food on the New Jersey food tour may include (and is subject to change):
- Baked Italian bread
- Mozzarella cheese
- Brick oven pizza
- Locally roasted coffee
Your tour guide might also stop at Carlo's Bakery, made famous by TLC's reality show, Cake Boss.
Along with delicious food samples, you'll hear stories of the establishments, meet some entrepreneurs that own them and learn about the atmosphere of the community.
Discover authentic Italian cuisine from the best establishments of New Jersey on this fun Historical Food Tour in Hoboken!
- Approximately 1.5 miles of walking with frequent stops
- Tastings included in the price
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included, but is appreciated
*This tour does not guarantee a tasting at Carlo's Bakery or meeting Buddy Valastro (the Cake Boss) or other Cake Boss cast members.
This food tour will have up to 16 participants.
This experience is for only those on the tour.
This experience is not weather dependent. You will not be outdoors for the entire tour and will be able to go inside many of the establishments. It is recommended to dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for expected weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 21 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings for this experience are final.
How long is the food tour and how far will we walk?
The Hoboken Historical Food Tour is 3.5 hours in duration and participants can expect to walk a total of approximately 1.5 miles. There are frequent stops between walking.
Will I get to meet Buddy Valastro, the Cake Boss?
You might visit Carlo's Bakery on the tour, but there is no guarantee of meeting Buddy or any of the reality show cast members. The bakery and all establishments on the tour route are open for business and Carlo's Bakery is busy on Saturdays during the tour.
Can I make purchases on the tour?
Yes, you may make purchases at any of the stops along the tour. Please bring cash with you to expedite the process.
How many stops are on the tour?
The number of stops on the tour may vary but you can expect to sample food at 4 - 7 locations.
Are children allowed on the tour?
Yes, children of all ages are welcome on the Hoboken Historical Food Tour. Children 6 years old and under are free! If you are bringing children 6 years old or under, please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking. All children ages 7 and older will need a ticket for this tour.
Where is the ending location of the tour?
The tour is a full circle and will end at the meeting location.
Other New Jersey Gift Ideas:(View all 48 New Jersey experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly - PrincetonAvg Rating of: 5(20)From: $199
- Stock Car Ride Along - PoconoAvg Rating of: 4(14)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - PoconoAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $549
- Learn to Fly - MedfordAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $155
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- New Jersey Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $147
- New Jersey Lunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(5)From: $80
- New Jersey Sunday Brunch CruiseFrom: $80
- All New Jersey Experiences
"The merchants that we met were very nice. They had a lot of pride & passion about their community & business. Unfortunately, our tour guide did not. He conducted the tour like he was in a marathon! Everyone was trying to keep up with him, but after a while most of the group was lagging behind. He would stop looking annoyed that he had to wait for them. We've taken many tours in other cities & abroad, & never experienced a tour guide like this. Hopefully he was just having a bad day! He needs to clean up himself & his act if he wants people to recommend his tour. Sorry, not a good experience for us."