May - October:
Daily - Sunrise & Sunset
*Pending weather conditions
- More than 20 years of experience with 15,000 happy passengers
- Federal Aviation Administration certified pilots
- Soar over the New Jersey countryside for unparalleled views
- Champagne and appetizers included for your enjoyment
- For a romantic flight just for the two of you, check out our Private Balloon Ride!
Picture yourself floating serenely over the magnificent New Jersey countryside with nothing but the occasional blast of the burners to disturb the peace.
Your FAA certified pilot started his business 20 years ago and is responsible for the delight of over 15,000 passengers since then.
Float majestically through the sky in a graceful hot air balloon enjoying the romance, the tranquility and breathtaking views. Evening flights are concluded with complimentary champagne, soft drinks and hors d'oeuvres.
An experience you will remember forever!
- There is no age limit, however it's not recommended for children under 4
- Maximum weight for individual participants is 200 pounds
- Maximum weight per couple is 375 pounds and per balloon is 750 pounds
- Pilots are certified by the FAA as commercial balloon pilots and are qualified to carry passengers for hire
- Complimentary champagne, soft drinks and hors d'oeuvres are included for the evening flights
- Includes digital in-flight photos that will be emailed to you after your flight
The actual flight lasts approximately one hour and the evening flights are concluded with complimentary champagne, soft drinks and hors d'oeuvres.
4 per balloon
This is only for the scheduled participants.
This experience is weather dependent. Ballooning is strictly a fair weather-light wind activity. Generally a balloon launch is not possible when the wind speed exceeds 10 MPH. This is why balloon flights occur around dawn or a couple of hours prior to sunset when winds are usually lightest and the air is the most stable. The experience provider is happy to reschedule the experience, if weather conditions cause a postponement of your flight.
What to Wear:
We recommend that you dress as if you were going for a hike. The temperature during the flight is basically the same as it is on the ground. Most of the flight will be below 1,000 ft., and the temperature is only 3 degrees cooler even at that altitude. Please do not wear sandals or open toed shoes. Athletic shoes and socks are perfect. The propane burner system which creates the heat for our hot air balloon is located above your head, so a hat is suggested.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance for weekends and 3 days in advance for weekdays.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider..
If I am afraid of heights could I enjoy a balloon flight?
Most passengers have some fear of heights. Strangely enough there is no feeling like that of being on the edge of a tall building or the feeling you get on a Ferris wheel. Ballooning is calm, almost serene. If you can handle an airline flight, you will probably really enjoy ballooning.
Can I bring a camera?
Yes, you are welcome to bring a camera along, but do so at your own risk. Cameras must be stowed for landings.
Other New Jersey Gift Ideas:(View all 46 New Jersey experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly - PrincetonAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $199
- Stock Car Ride Along - PoconoAvg Rating of: 4(14)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - PoconoAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $549
- Learn to Fly - MedfordAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $155
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- New Jersey Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $144
- New Jersey Lunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(5)From: $71
- New Jersey Sunday Brunch CruiseFrom: $80
- All New Jersey Experiences
"This was the first time any of us went on a hot air balloon ride. It was wonderful. Kevin, our pilot, did a great job and thanks for Lorelei for following on the grounds taking some amazing pictures."
"It has been a great experience! I loved it. It was a lot of fun and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Definitely would recommend it! Thanks for making it happen!"