Sky Manor Airport - Pittstown, New Jersey
Daily - 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- FAA certified flight instructor with over 1,000 hours of flight time and an incident free safety record
- Take the controls of a meticulously prepared Robinson R-44 helicopter
- Includes 30 or 60 minutes of actual flight time plus pre-flight helicopter instruction and post-flight discussion with your instructor
- No experience necessary
Have you always dreamed of taking the controls of a beautiful helicopter and soaring upward toward the sky? Now is your chance to learn the basics of how to fly a helicopter with this fun and exhilarating experience!
You'll be learning from and flying with a FAA certified flight instructor with vast experience and an incident free safety record. He'll start by discussing with you basic safety items and talk with you about helicopter aerodynamics. Next, it's time to climb aboard and fly.
While in flight, you'll have the opportunity to try straight and level flight, control the vertical climb/drop of the helicopter, and will even get the chance to try hovering a few feet above the ground.
So prepare to experience a feeling few in the world ever have, the sensation of manning the controls of an airborne helicopter!
- Participants will be required to present a valid photo ID (passport or driver's license)
- Participants must weigh less than 250 pounds
- The maximum combined weight of all passengers may not exceed 500 pounds
Approximately 30 minutes of ground instruction followed by 30 or 60 minutes of flight time, depending on which option selected.
1 student and up to 1 passenger depending on option selected.
Up to 1 passenger is allowed if you select the option that includes a passenger. Otherwise, spectators are welcome to come and watch or take pictures from the ground.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your tour.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7-14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary. This flight is considered an introductory flight and is meant to be fun and exciting for everyone!
What do I need to bring?
Please bring a valid, government-issued ID with you on the day of your flight.
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
We always recommend contacting your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
Can I bring a passenger?
This lesson is for one student only.
Other New Jersey Gift Ideas:(View all 48 New Jersey experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly - PrincetonAvg Rating of: 5(20)From: $199
- Stock Car Ride Along - PoconoAvg Rating of: 4(14)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - PoconoAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $549
- Learn to Fly - MedfordAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $155
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- New Jersey Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $147
- New Jersey Lunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(5)From: $80
- New Jersey Sunday Brunch CruiseFrom: $80
- All New Jersey Experiences
"You all are simply the best of the best. Extraordinary in every way. Thanks for everything."
"Marshal was a great instructor. He was very knowledgeable about the aircraft. He gave me a pre-flight briefing with just the right amount of detail. He told me what to expect and how the aircraft would react. He let me "fly" right away. He was very calm, in total control, and flew with the utmost confidence. The helicopter we flew in appeared to be either brand new or very near-new. "