West Village - New York City, NY
Tuesdays, Fridays & Saturdays - 11:00 AM
- Explore the West Village with your local, fun, and knowledgeable tour guide and take inthe quaint tree-lined streets and architecture of this popular NYC neighborhood
- Learn new and historic facts about NYC pop culture including the Beat Generation and pass by some of the old hangouts of iconic Bob Dylan
- Sample 6 delicious treats including the neighborhood's best bagels, pizza, cupcakes and more
Explore the landmark neighborhood of the West Village and sample some of the area's most talked about food specialties.
The West Village is filled with unique stories and architecture. Enjoy learning about the history of "Little Bohemia", the Beat Generation, and Bob Dylan's time spent in the neighborhood. For those of you entertainment buffs, you'll even get a glimpse of Monica's apartment from Friends.
This tour will give you an insider's look at some of the area's local eateries where you'll get to meet the culinary genius' at work.
Enjoy 6 tastings from local eateries that may include (subject to change):
- Faicco's Italian Specialties - (Est. 1900)
- Artichoke Pizza - Serious pizza aficionados (Est. 2008)
- Mamoun's Falafel - The oldest falafel restaurant in the city (Est. 1971)
- Hudson Bagels - Authentic New York bagels - always boiled before baked (Est. 1997)
- Molly's Cupcakes - Winner of cupcake Wars season finale on the Food Network (Est. 2011)
- 100 Montaditos - The Montadito is a traditional element of the Spanish gastronomy (Est. 2013)
- Tour will last approximately 3 hours and will span approximately 1.5 miles
- Participants should be able to comfortably walk at a leisurely pace
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included but is appreciated
- Tour must have a minimum of 4 participants to run
This is a 3 hour tour and includes approximately 1.5 mile of walking.
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 16 per tour. For groups larger than 4 please contact Cloud 9 Living for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This food tour will run in rain or shine. There will be no cancellations due to weather unless experience provider cancels the tour due to safety concerns.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for weather and walking.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings for this experience are final.
What if it rains?
This tour will run rain or shine. A good portion of the tour is walking outdoors, however, you will spend time inside the establishments and so you will not be subject to the elements for the entire 3 hours. It is recommended to bring an umbrella and dress appropriately for expected weather conditions.
How much food will we eat on this tour?
You will taste foods from 6 different specialty shops, ethnic eateries, and restaurants. Most tour participants find that there is enough food on the tour for lunch. We suggest individuals with large appetites see how they feel after the tour, and order a dish from their favorite tasting.
What if I have dietary restrictions or food allergies?
If you have food allergies or restrictions, please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking. Accommodations and substitutions can often be made.
How much walking will take place?
You will be on your feet for roughly 3 hours. The tour moves at a casual pace and you will walk approximately 1.5 miles. The streets are flat, but you will have to walk up small stairs at some of the establishments.
Is the tour appropriate for children?
The friendly and knowledgeable tour guides make learning about the history, culture, and foods of the neighborhoods visited interesting, informative, and fun. You will be on your feet for 3 hours and walk approximately 1 mile. Please gauge whether or not you think this tour is appropriate for your child. Children under the age of 5 are free, unless they're going to participate in the food tastings. You may bring a stroller on the tour, but it will have to remain outside, if the food establishment is busy.
Is tour gratuity included in the price?
Gratuity for your tour guide is not included in the price but is appreciated if you enjoy the tour.
Other New Jersey Gift Ideas:(View all 47 New Jersey experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly - PrincetonAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $199
- Stock Car Ride Along - PoconoAvg Rating of: 4(14)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - PoconoAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $549
- Learn to Fly - MedfordAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $155
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- New Jersey Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $144
- New Jersey Lunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(5)From: $71
- New Jersey Sunday Brunch CruiseFrom: $80
- All New Jersey Experiences
"Lindsey was a great guide. She interacted with all the guests on the tour and knew her stuff. All the places provided tasty samples. Most friendly staff goes to Sweet Revenge. I would have liked a place to sit at one of the restaurants later in the tour. It would have been a welcomed break from the sun and walking. Overall, I was very pleased and would recommend to others."