South end of Battery Park - Lower Manhattan, NY
Mid-April through October:
Saturday & Sunday - 12:00 PM
Click here for schedule
What happens when two of the most fun things to do in NYC are combined? You enjoy a Beer Tasting Sail in New York!
- Sip on a refreshing introduction to the wonderful world of "crafts" and "microbrews" with local beer experts.
- Savor cheeses and specialty meat bites, perfectly paired with five brews featuring premium ales and lagers.
- Sail aboard the beautifully-restored, historic Clipper City a majestic158-foot tall ship, with masts that reach an impressive height of 120 feet.
- Add unparalleled Manhattan sightseeing to this mouthwatering outing, and you've got yourself an unforgettable afternoon in the Big Apple!
- Both locals and visitors alike will love this unique NYC sailing experience!
The U.S. now boasts 1,500+ brewers on a mission to deliver delicious beverages to beer-lovers. Cruise along Manhattan waters aboard the city's largest sailing vessel, Clipper City, tasting local liquid crafts on the Beer Tasting Sail in New York!
With the boom that the world of beer has experienced, appreciating and differentiating between different types has become an art form. As one of the most exciting things to do in New York, this outing gives you face-time with local beer experts as you sample superior lagers and ales. Ask questions, learning about the brewing process and the inspiration behind a brewery's variety of beverages.
Savor up to five exquisite beer tasting selections. Learn which are best paired with various types of cheeses and charcuterie. And that's not all you'll delight in aboard this Beer Tasting Sail in New York!
Drink in magnificent views of the skyline and famed NYC attractions as you float along the Hudson River. Enjoy the visual brilliance of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Empire State Building, and much more.
As you traverse the harbor, take a moment or two to marvel at your unique NYC sailing opportunity aboard the historic Clipper City. This remarkable schooner has been meticulously rebuilt and restored, with the help of the ship's original plans on loan from the Smithsonian Institute. The new Clipper City boasts a 158-foot deck, which can comfortably accommodate up to 130 guests. Its billowing masts and sails stretch to whopping height of 120 feet! A boat like this means your afternoon will be nothing short of memorable.
So step back in time on this extraordinary vessel. Take in stunning sights of legendary Manhattan attractions. And relax on the water with a cold brew in hand. We guarantee you'll agree that life sure is good on the Beer Tasting Sail in New York!
- The sail is not narrated, however the crew is happy to answer your questions
- All participants must be at least 21 years of age with valid identification (driver's license or passport)
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure
- Seating is casual, please arrive on time for the best seats
This sail will last approximately 1 hour 45 minutes.
This experience is shared by a total of 134 passengers.
The beer tasting sail is only for those on the ship.
This an all weather outdoor experience and will sail in light rain. In the event of dangerous sailing conditions, your sail will be rescheduled. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress is typically casual. The temperature can be cooler out on the water, so dress accordingly. Passengers should wear only soft soled shoes such as sneakers, deck shoes, flip-flops or sandals. Heels and boots can scuff the deck. It is recommended to arriving at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience for a $20-30 per person fee payable directly to the experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 124 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(57)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(35)From: $125
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $200
- All New York Experiences
"Experience was awesome!! Ship was clean and had all amenities. Staff was awesome -- everyone was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the beers. Captain steered close to Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island, so pictures were great. Most enjoyable afternoon!"
"The ship makes a series of circles in one area of the Hudson River for two hours. Not what I was expecting. The crew was friendly but not talkative. Overall it's not a bad experience, it is somewhat disappointing though. "
"Excellent and great fun !"