South end of Battery Park - Lower Manhattan, NY
Mid-April through October:
Saturday & Sunday - 12:00 PM
Click here for schedule
- Get introduced to the wonderful world of "craft" or "microbrews" with beer experts
- Taste several ales and lagers paired with speciality meat and cheese charcuterie
- Sail aboard a 158' "Tall Ship", with masts rising 120' off the deck constructed from plans from the National Archives of the U.S.
- Great for visitors to New York or locals looking to experience the city from a whole new perspective
Set sail on New York's largest sailing vessel with craft beer experts and get introduced to the wonderful new world of Craft or Micro Beer.
With over 1,500 brewers now making delicious brews all over the country, choosing and appreciating beer has become an art form to rival its cousin wine.
Taste several outstanding ales and lagers paired with cheese and charcuterie while you drink in the magnificent views of the skyline of NYC.
You'll sail aboard the historic Clipper City, which is an exact reconstruction of the City Clipper ships that sailed the coastal lumber trade in the U.S. during the late 1800's.
This is an environmentally friendly experience, as your ship is powered by the wind with auxiliary engines fueled by an eco-friendly bio-diesel mix.
What better way to spend a time on the water than taking in the legendary sites of Manhattan while sitting back and sampling beers!
- The sail is not narrated, however the crew is happy to answer your questions
- All participants must be at least 21 years of age with valid identification (driver's license or passport)
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure
- Seating is casual, please arrive on time for the best seats
This sail will last approximately 1 hour 45 minutes.
This experience is shared by a total of 134 passengers.
The beer tasting sail is only for those on the ship.
This an all weather outdoor experience and will sail in light rain. In the event of dangerous sailing conditions, your sail will be rescheduled. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress is typically casual. The temperature can be cooler out on the water, so dress accordingly. Passengers should wear only soft soled shoes such as sneakers, deck shoes, flip-flops or sandals. Heels and boots can scuff the deck. It is recommended to arriving at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience for a $20-30 per person fee payable directly to the experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 120 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailFrom: $95Avg Rating of: 4-half(53)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $152Avg Rating of: 5(20)
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJFrom: $350Avg Rating of: 5(11)
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYFrom: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $139Avg Rating of: 5(33)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $549Avg Rating of: 5(24)
- Chocolate, Desserts & Wine TourFrom: $59Avg Rating of: 4-half(27)
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourFrom: $125Avg Rating of: 4-half(33)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(13)
- All New York Experiences
"Experience was awesome!! Ship was clean and had all amenities. Staff was awesome -- everyone was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the beers. Captain steered close to Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island, so pictures were great. Most enjoyable afternoon!"
"The ship makes a series of circles in one area of the Hudson River for two hours. Not what I was expecting. The crew was friendly but not talkative. Overall it's not a bad experience, it is somewhat disappointing though. "
"Excellent and great fun !"