Beer Tasting Sail in New York
South Street Seaport, Pier 17, East River
April 27th - October 13th; Saturdays & Sundays at 12:00 PM
- Get introduced to the wonderful world of "craft" or "microbrews" with beer experts
- Taste several ales and lagers paired with cheese and charcuterie
- Sail aboard a 160' "Tall Ship", with masts rising 135' off the deck constructed from plans from the National Archives of the U.S.
- Great for visitors to New York or locals looking to experience the city from a whole new perspective
Set sail on New York's largest sailing vessel with craft beer experts and get introduced to the wonderful new world of Craft or Micro Beer.
With over 1,500 brewers now making delicious brews all over the country, choosing and appreciating beer has become an art form to rival its cousin wine.
Taste several outstanding ales and lagers paired with cheese and charcuterie while you drink in the magnificent views of the skyline of NYC.
You'll sail aboard the historic Clipper City, which is an exact reconstruction of the City Clipper ships that sailed the coastal lumber trade in the U.S. during the late 1800's.
This is an environmentally friendly experience, as your ship is powered by the wind with auxiliary engines fueled by an eco-friendly bio-diesel mix.
What better way to spend a time on the water than taking in the legendary sites of Manhattan while sitting back and sampling beers!
All participants must be at least 21 years of age with valid identification (driver's license or passport)
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure. Seating is casual.
Price does not include gratuity. It is customary to tip the crew if you enjoyed your sail, and please remember to tip your server if you enjoyed your drink.
Approximately 1 hour 45 minutes
Sailing is an all weather outdoor experience, and we do sail in light rain. In the event of dangerous sailing conditions, your sail will be rescheduled. Always contact the Experience Supplier with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress is casual. The temperature can be cooler out on the water, so dress accordingly. Light skirts and wind don't always mix. Don't forget your sunscreen and a camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 48 hours prior to the Experience for no fee. A $10 fee payable directly to the experience provider will be charged for rescheduling within 48 hours. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other New York Experiences:(View all 115 New York experiences)
- Wine Tasting SailFrom: $115Avg Rating of: 4-half(26)
- Chocolate, Desserts & Wine TourFrom: $79Avg Rating of: 4-half(15)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $154Avg Rating of: 4-half(24)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $574Avg Rating of: 4-half(15)
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourFrom: $150Avg Rating of: 4-half(9)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(33)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $180Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $380Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- All New York Experiences
- Gift Certificates