Thursday through Monday - 11:00 AM
- Tour provider inducted into TripAdvisor's "Hall of Fame"as well as ranked a topdestination in the "Blue List" of Lonely Planet
- Visit Brooklyn's most dynamic areas with commentary from a native New Yorker
- Sample diverse cultural cuisine and authentic "City" foods while you enjoy panoramic views of Manhattan and historic architecture!
It's been said that "A trip to Brooklyn is like a trip around the world." Enjoy a history and gastronomy lesson in this eclectic, international half-day culinary tour of Brooklyn.
Your experienced and knowledgeable native guide will lead you through Brooklyn's most dynamic areas where you will sample some of the incredible local cuisines that make New York unique.
Begin in the historic West Village, the past and present home to some of the City's most influential residents before you venture across the Williamsburg Bridge to Brooklyn where the majority of your tour will take place.
Though you will drive from one neighborhood to the next you will have plenty of time to walk around and take pictures in each area.
In this driving and walking tour of Brooklyn some of the neighborhoods you'll visit may include (and are subject to change):
- New Williamsburg -Home to many ethnic groups and a thriving art community where you'll sample a slice of delectable, authentic Neapolitan brick oven thin crust pizza.
- Old Williamsburg -Drive through the neighborhood that is home to the Ultra Orthodox Hasidic Jewish community.
- Greenpoint -Visit one of the largest Polish populations in the United States for a sit down meal at a favorite neighborhood eatery featuring the best kielbasa sausage, pierogies and more
- DUMBO -Stop at the Jacques Torres chocolate factory and visit Brooklyn Bridge Park for an excellent view of Manhattan's famous skyline.
- Sunset Park -Featuring a plethora of Latin American food establishments, enjoy a picnic style lunch in the park featuring the "Cuban" sandwich.
*Tastings are subject to change and may take place indoors during colder months or in the event of inclement weather.
- Tour begins and ends in Greenwich Village; you are not required to return to Greenwich Village at the end of the tour
- You will be transported to Brooklyn via car or bus
- Bottled water is provided at the beginning of the tour
Approximately 4.5 - 5 hours
Group sizes vary with a maximum for 24 people per tour.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is not weather dependent and will run rain or shine. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable shoes and clothing appropriate for expected weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation all bookings for this experience are final.
How will we get to Brooklyn?
Transportation to Brooklyn via car or bus is included in the price of this tour. You'll meet your guide in Greenwich Village and then will bed riven to Brooklyn. Along the way, you'll pass through historic areas of lower Manhattan.
Is this also a walking tour?
Yes, although you will spend time traveling to Brooklyn by bus or car, you'll walk through some of the great areas described in the tour.
Is there food and drink served on the tour?
Yes, you will sample delicious food from various establishments on the tour. A cold bottle of water is provided to every guest at the start of the tour.
Is the price of all the food included in my ticket purchase?
Yes, the price is includes all food tastings on the tour.
How much food is served on the tour?
You will visit numerous locations for tastings with enough samples to happily fill most stomachs.
Are there vegetarian options on the tour?
Yes, there are only a few tastings that involve meat on the tour and the vegetarian options are just as delicious! Please make a note of any food allergies or dietary restrictions at the time of booking.
Do we just walk around and sample food?
Absolutely not! Aside from sampling delicious food, you will also experience life in the various neighborhoods. The tour is fully narrated by your guide who will discuss the history, culture, architecture and entertainment of unique food establishments.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 129 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences
"There were so many choices, but we narrowed it down to visit Brooklyn in 4-5 hours with tasting food. It was pricey but worth it. Our guide was knowledgeable, friendly, and we loved his choices of food. Actually later we went to Little Italy [on our own] to try some food like pizza, cannoli and they were not the same. Apart from food, they notified and reminded me of the tour which is nice, and they were accurate in their schedule. Me and my husband were so happy with the tour. People on our tour were friendly too, which was nice . "
"We thought the experience and guide was interesting, entertaining and fun. We would recommend it to anyone interested."
"Rick was our tour guide. He was very pleasant and professional. He had a good knowledge of the things we were seeing and was entertaining. He maintained good control of the large group and kept us on track without being overly controlling. I thought this was a good tour, although I don't know that it is a good "foodie" tour. It felt like more of a Brooklyn tour that you happen to eat on. The bus was very nice, and the driver did a great job as well. I would also suggest that the instructions to "print out the email confirmation" be removed, as that did not seem to be needed. Each email confirmation is three pages, and we had 6 in our party. That's a lot of needless paper being used. No one in the tour was asked to turn these in. "