Black River - Watertown, NY
May - June:
Saturday & Sunday - 10:00 AM
Wednesday through Sunday - 10:00 AM
Wednesday through Monday - 10:00 AM
September - October:
Saturday & Sunday - 10:00 AM
*Season ends on Columbus Day weekend
- Experienced outfitter with over 28 years of experience
- Over 14 sets of rapids in 8 miles of rafting
- BBQ Lunch included
- Prepare for a wet and wild ride down the Black River!
Get ready for a wet and wild ride down the Black River. Packed into 8 miles of river are no less than 14 sets of rapids where mother nature does her best to tip you over and toss you about.
The "Big Water" Black provides an intensity not found on many New York rivers. With water splashing over your face you must perform difficult maneuvers as you negotiate threatening hydraulics and exploding waves.
The possibility of an unexpected swim or an overturned raft exists throughout the trip!It's more than a day of exhilarating whitewater, it's a full day of fun!
It's stretching back in the hot sun as your raft drifts quietly down river! It's floating in the warm water, supported by your life vest! It's water fights and splashing!It's rolling down the river with a great bunch of people! It's the cold beverages and hot barbecue at the end of the day when the river trip turns into a river party with the camaraderie of friends and family!
- Participants must be least 14 years of age
- All necessary equipment is provided including quality rafts, paddles, life jackets and helmets
- The rapids are class III & IV and tend to be shorter steeper rapids on this river
- Wet suits are available for rent on the day of the experience for an additional cost
This experience will last approximately 6 hours.
Up to 6 per boat
This experience is only for those on the rafts.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear wool or synthetic non-cotton undergarments. Wool or latex gloves and a wool hat and socks are also recommended. Wet suits may be rented for an additional cost.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are wetsuits included?
Spring rafting conditions can be chilly. Wetsuits are recommended and can be rented for an additional cost.
Are lockers provided?
Lockers are not provided, but it is recommended to lock everything in your car and then leave your keys in the secure spot provided at the river outpost before floating.
What is included in the price of the experience?
All necessary equipment is provided including quality rafts, paddles, life jackets and helmets.
Is there an age restriction?
Yes, participantsmust be least 14 years of age.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 121 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailFrom: $95Avg Rating of: 4-half(53)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $152Avg Rating of: 5(20)
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJFrom: $350Avg Rating of: 5(11)
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYFrom: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $139Avg Rating of: 5(33)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $549Avg Rating of: 5(24)
- Chocolate, Desserts & Wine TourFrom: $59Avg Rating of: 4-half(27)
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourFrom: $125Avg Rating of: 4-half(33)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(13)
- All New York Experiences