- Your certified, friendly and knowledgeable guides have been featured in the New York Times, USA Today online, WNBC and Time Out New York.
- Sample locally made beer with gourmet small plates.
- Take a look at 19th century brewery buildings that were once a part of the Old Brewers Row.
- Share stories of brewing, bottling, and even bootlegging.
Explore the history of beer brewing and its resurgence in Brooklyn today.
Once home to 48 breweries, this ancient and tasty trade disappeared from the borough in the 1970's, only to be reborn in recent years with craft breweries leading the way.
On this tour, you'll take a behind-the-scenes look at how beer is made at one of Brooklyn's three present-day breweries and taste all the beers on tap. You'll explore the pre-prohibition era as you check out 19th century brewery buildings and share stories of the German speaking immigrants who worked in the breweries and lived in the neighborhood at the time. In addition, of course, you'll have plenty of craft beer and food along the way.
Tour highlights may include:
- A private tour of Brooklyn Brewery including beer tastings
- A visit to a gorgeous cathedral-like church that was built by the German immigrants in the late 19th century.
- A stop by ABC Beverage Distributors to learn about how beer gets to customers today versus the past
- Tastings of traditional German beer and Brooklyn beer with gourmet small plates at Huckleberry Bar
- Pizza and lager beer with a look at the streets of Prohibition-era New York
All participants must be at least 21 years of age with valid identification (driver's license or passport).
Tour includes food and drink, a map of the neighborhood and comprehensive commentary from your guide.
Gratuity is never required but is appreciated if you enjoyed the tour.
Tour tastings and venues are subject to change.
3.5 hours; 1 mile of walking
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 16 per tour. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
Tours run rain or shine. There will be no cancellations due to weather unless experience provider cancels the tour due to safety concerns.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance of intended date.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given but rescheduling your experience is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the Experience for a $10 per ticket fee payable to the experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel, or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
What happens in the event of inclement weather?
This tours rain or shine, so please plan ahead and dress for the weather. In extreme cases, however, the experience provider does reserve the right to cancel tours if the weather conditions are dangerous. You would be contacted at least 2.5 hours before your tour if this were the case.
How far will we walk on the tour?
This tour involves approximately one to two miles of walking.
Will there be opportunities to use the restroom during the tour?
Yes, there will be opportunities to use the restroom at least once during the tour.
Will there be opportunities to sit down during the tour?
Yes! There will be at least one opportunity to sit down during the tour.
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity for your guide is not included but is always appreciated.
Other New York Experiences:(View all 117 New York experiences)
- Wine Tasting SailFrom: $115Avg Rating of: 4-half(35)
- Chocolate, Desserts & Wine TourFrom: $79Avg Rating of: 4-half(17)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $139Avg Rating of: 5(26)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $574Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourFrom: $125Avg Rating of: 4-half(13)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(35)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $180Avg Rating of: 5(6)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $380Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- All New York Experiences
- Gift Certificates
"IT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!"
"Laura Lee was a fantastic guide. She was very knowledgeable and friendly. It was a brisk day for walking but we all made the best of it. Danny's pizza was delicious and Barcade was much fun. My only suggestions are to give us more time to drink the samples at Brooklyn Brewery. The enthusiastic employee there ran over as it was his first time and we didn't have much time to drink the 8 samples. Also, as many of us hadn't had lunch yet, it may be prudent to at least have some snacks at the brewery and/or eat pizza earlier. Also, the actual tour of the brewery was not exciting. The guide was very informative but we were in one room, that wasn't online. I wanted to see brew being pumped around, bottled, etc..."
"It was a very nice time for my dad and myself. I gave this experience to my father as a Father's Day gift. So it was nice to enjoy the day together and learn about the area."