Brooklyn Bridge Twilight Bike Tour
New York, NY
Sundays - 2.5 hours prior to the sunset
- Begin in the West Village, pass a classic speakeasy and famous locations of the hit show Friends
- Enjoy panoramic views of the harbor while peddling the new Hudson Greenway Bike Path
- Cruise the Brooklyn Bridge and soak in the amazing skyline at dusk
- See Battery Park, Ground Zero, Wall Street and City Hall with its 40 gas lanterns
The Big Apple is justifiably famous for its night life and night lights. Here is a unique opportunity to see the city's brightness at twilight. Moreover, Sunday evening is an ideal time to pedal around lower Manhattan as there is considerably less street traffic.
This unique tour begins while it is still daylight, with a pedal through the historic and charming West Village. As we ride along charming streets and by quaint houses, we'll pass by a famous restaurant that was once a classic "speakeasy."
Today, it still has no identifying sign outside! Television sitcom lovers will certainly recognize a very familiar site - the actual building featured in the hit show Friends!
Before we leave this neighborhood, we'll stop at the birthplace of the modern "gay rights" movement, learn the fascinating story behind its inception, and have a photo op at the powerful sculpture by the renowned George Segal.
We'll then head to the new Hudson River Greenway, a splendid bike path with truly magnificent views of the New York Harbor. Before we enter historic Battery Park, we'll stop by the New York Trapeze School, sorry no jumping today!
Passing near Ground Zero, we will visit yet another monument to human despair. We then ride through the Sunday quiet of the Wall Street area. Here, the spectacular Stock Exchange building is especially impressive at twilight. The fountain at the recently restored City Hall Park is illuminated by a whopping forty gas lanterns, almost distracting us from the "Cathedral of Commerce," aglow in its own incandescent splendor!
The highlight of our tour is of course a truly amazing pedal up the Brooklyn Bridge, on its own bike path, as daylight slowly dissipates and the lights of the city emerge. Twilight on the Brooklyn Bridge is an "only in the Big Apple" awesome experience.
Also, if the weather cooperates, we'll even watch the sun set behind the Empire State and Chrysler Buildings!
This unique tour is not over yet. As we leisurely pedal back to our starting point, we'll pass by Foley Square, home to another prime-time TV program set. We return through SoHo, with its fashionable shop windows lit up at night, and its unique outdoor sculptures.
This tour is truly a special opportunity to experience a very different side of the Big Apple.
- Bike and helmet included.
- Guides are Safety Certified with the American Red Cross for CPR & First Aid, and members of the League of American Bicyclists.
- The tours are provided by a member of the NYC & Company Tourism Bureau.
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included and is appreciated if you enjoyed your tour.
This tour will last approximately 4 hours.
Total group size varies, with a maximum of 15 riders.
This is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and closed-toed shoes appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellation and rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Can I bring my own bike?
Yes, of course you can bring your own bike.
What happens if I have a problem on the ride?
The staff have the tools and knowledge to repair a flat or fix a minor mechanical problem. If you cannot complete the ride, transportation will be arranged for you and the bike back to the starting location.
Do you have to be an athlete to enjoy the tour?
Not at all! You need only to feel comfortable on a bicycle and be in reasonable physical shape. Even if you have not ridden in years, or decades, bicycle riding is a skill you don't lose. Since we stop frequently for insights, questions, photos, bathroom breaks as well as snacks, are standard tours are easy paced, averaging about 4 miles per hour!
What is the condition of the surfaces on which we ride?
Except in rare instances where it is noted, all the surfaces are paved. There are very few if any "potholes" on the streets.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 130 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences