December - March:
Saturdays - 2:00 PM
April - November:
Saturdays & Sundays - 2:00 PM
- Your certified, friendly and knowledgeable guides have been featured in the New York Times, USA Today online, WNBC and Time Out New York
- Typically off-limits to all who do not work there, this tour gives you an exclusive look inside the Navy Yard
- Explore the vast 300 acre property and get a close look at the Yard's most intriguing sites including a Civil War era dry dock, the nation's first multi-story LEED Gold-certified industrial building and more
- A great tour for locals and tourists alike!
Discover the Brooklyn Navy Yard on this exciting, exclusive bus tour and learn about the past, present and future of this historical landmark.
The Brooklyn Navy Yard is an industrial park whose roots date back to the Revolution. For over 150 years, the Yard built some of America's most famous fighting ships from the USS Maine to the USS Missouri.
Today, the Yard is becoming a national leader for sustainable urban industrial parks. On this tour, you'll learn about the Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation's sustainable development efforts including the nation's first multi-story "green" industrial building, first solar and wind-powered street lamps, New York City's first building-mounted wind turbines, adaptively reused historic structures, and new green buildings certified by the US Green Buildings Council.
While exploring the vast 300 acre property, you will also view a Civil War era dry dock and the 24 acre former Navy hospital campus that is virtually frozen in time.
While this tour uses a bus to get you from place to place, you will be getting off the bus at almost every stop to look around and learn about this captivating development.
- Bus transportation is provided, but participants will be getting off the bus at most stops
- All ages are welcome
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 30 per tour. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
Tours run rain or shine. There will be no cancellations due to weather unless experience provider cancels the tour due to safety concerns.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance of intended date.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given but rescheduling your experience is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience for a $10 fee, per ticket, payable to the experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are children welcome on this tour?
Absolutely! People of all ages are welcome on this tour. Keep in mind that two hours can be a long time for young children to stay attentive and therefore this tour is most appropriate for children ages 8 and up.
What happens if it rains?
This tour runs rain or shine, so please plan ahead and dress for the weather. In extreme cases, the provider reserves the right to cancel the tour if the weather conditions are dangerous. You will be able to reschedule directly with the provider.
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity is not included in the ticket price and is appreciated if you enjoyed the tour.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 122 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(53)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(22)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(33)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(35)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(34)From: $125
- Fighter Pilot for a DayAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $1,395
- All New York Experiences
"The guide was very professional; she had a wealth of facts to give us, and her answers to our questions were very good."
"Cindy, our Turnstile Tour Guide, was terrific . She was very knowledgeable, enthusiastic and personable. She was very willing to answer questions and get everybody involved in the tour. I would be very happy to go on another tour with Cindy. She's what an excellent tour guide should be."
"I will be recommending Cloud 9 Living to my friends. The booking was easy and the language was clear. My family very much enjoyed the tour to the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Alex, the tour guide, was friendly and knowledgeable. He met the group in the museum building which had bathrooms and water. The tour was part bus & part walking. The bus was air conditioned and comfortable. There was just the right amount of walking. The Brooklyn Navy Yard has an amazing history and future. The tour provides a great way to learn all about it. "