Chinatown - New York, NY
May - August:
Thursdays - 6:00 PM
Fridays & Saturdays - 10:30 AM
September - April:
Saturdays - 10:30 AM
- Guides have led New York tours for 10 years
- Sample authentic Chinese cuisine at 3 of Chinatown's best upscale restaurants
- Enjoy tastings at local specialty shops
- Explore side streets, landmarks and outdoor markets
During this 3-hour tour you will "sit down" in three of Chinatown's finest restaurants and enjoy regional Chinese cuisine, while observing the traditional etiquette that accompanies these fine foods.
The food and cultural tour then takes to the streets as you venture through the neighborhood, stopping at one of a kind, specialty food shops for additional tastings and cultural insight.
You will also explore historic landmarks, hidden side streets, and outdoor markets of this small district that is home to the largest concentration of Chinese people in the western hemisphere.
Delicious food specialties served may include:
- A unique and beautiful selection of Hong Kong Style Dumplings
- A whole Beijing style peking duck with all the fixings
- The best scallion pancake in Chinatown
- 2 types of authentic Chinese beef jerky
- A traditional and delicious Chinese pastry
- Chinese tea tasting from 2 different regions
- 2 tastings are served seated at restaurants and the others from specialty shops on the go
- Participants will be on their feet and outdoors for approximately 1.5 hours of the 3-hour tour
3 hour tour
There will be up to 16 people on this experience.
This tour is for booked participants only.
This experience will run in rain or shine. There will be no cancellations due to weather unless the experience provider cancels the tour due to safety concerns.
What to Wear:
Casual and comfortable attire, especially good walking shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings for this experience are final.
What is the weather is bad?
This tour will be held in rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, the tour will be able to go inside many of the stops, but you should still dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions.
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity for your guide is not included, but is appreciated if you enjoy the tour. Recommended gratuity is $11-$14 per person.
How much walking is involved? Is it a fast-paced tour?
The tour takes place at a casual pace, but you should expect to be standing/walking for at least half of the 3-hour tour.
Are there any beverages served on the tour?
Bottled water will be provided at the beginning of the tour.
Will I still be hungry?
The tastings on this tour will happily fill most stomachs.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 129 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences
"Raheem was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and overall pretty wonderful."
"Excellent experience with an expert guide. "
"Raheem from Food Tours of NY was a wonderful guide. Pleasant, knowledgeable, and truly seemed to enjoy his job. He showed us great little places for various things as we walked around Chinatown on our way to the next restaurant. He lived in the area for a number of years and was very familiar with the neighborhood. Highly recommend this tour. "