*For locations beyond this area, additional travel fees will apply which will cover your chef's travel time plus any associated costs.
Pending chef's availability
*Rates do not apply for Valentine's Day or holidays
- Your Chef has been featured in the New York Times, USA Today and the Wall Street Journal
- Enjoy a fun and entertaining night with family & friends learning new cooking skills in the comfort of your own home
- Enjoy feasting on your group's own culinary creations
- Perfect experience for a group of friends looking to have a fun and memorable night while expanding your cooking technique
Your friendly and knowledgeable instructor, Chef Mark Tafoya, will come to your home and teach a cooking class of your choosing for you and a group of family or friends. You'll learn new techniques, cooking tips and tricks, and work on recipes of your own choosing. At the end of your party, you'll feast of the delicious culinary creations you've made.
Chef Mark will consult with you prior to your Cooking Party to craft a lesson perfectly tailored to your interests. Whether your group is comprised of cooking beginners, parents who cook for the family, or experienced cooks looking to take your technique to the next level, Chef Mark will design a lesson that will be fun and tasty.
The lessons will be organized around a set of recipes, with each recipe serving as an example of techniques you'd like to learn or practice.
Choose to learn about foods from around the world including French, Italian, Spanish, Southwestern, Thai, Vietnamese, Persian, Japanese, Greek, Moroccan and many more. Chef Mark will consult with you to customize the lesson plan to your liking, and can accommodate virtually any tastes you have.
This class is ideal for a group of friends who want to have a fun time bonding in the kitchen while expanding your cooking technique.
You might think that your kitchen is too small for such a service. No need to worry! Chef Mark is a NYC personal chef and can work around any sized kitchen as long as it has a functioning stove and oven.
About the Chef: Chef Mark Tafoya is the co-owner and Executive Producer of the Culinary Media Network, and has been featured in the New York Times, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, TheStreet.com, Time Out New York, Bon Appetit and the Fox Business Channel. Chef Tafoya, along with co-author Jennifer Iannolo, has published "The Gilded Fork: Entertaining at Home, A Year of Dinner Parties", featuring 13 seasonal dinner party menus with recipes, wine pairing notes and chef's tips.
In addition to being an accomplished Chef, Mark Tafoya is a Yale graduate, is extremely personable, and will create a positive and relaxing evening for you and your guests.
- Kitchen facilities with a stove and oven are required for this experience
- Gratuity for your chef is not included but is appreciated if you enjoy the experience
- Food Selections: Chef will work with you to customize food selections for your Cooking Party. Should you request a particular item outside the established budget, you can simply reimburse your Chef.
The following travel fees will apply for areas outside of Manhattan:
$0: Riverdale, Kingsbridge, Fordham areas of the Bronx
$25: Brooklyn Heights, Park Slope, Williamsburg areas in Brooklyn / Hoboken, JerseyCityareas ofNewJersey / Long Island City in Queens
$50: All other areas of the 5 boroughs
For areas up to one hour from Manhattan, $35/hr plus the cost of travel will apply.
Please contact Cloud 9 Living for locations over one hour from Manhattan.
*Please note, travel fees assume the location is within a 5 minute walk of the subway or PATH train. If farther, cab fare from the closest station applies.
Approximately 3 hours of instruction & cooking, followed by time to enjoy your creations
This party is for up to 8 participants, depending on the option selected.
This private party is for booked participants only.
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
This is your experience, dress as you wish!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 3 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Livings standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. However, rescheduling is allowed free of charge with at least 3 weeks notice prior to your booked date. Rescheduling between 10 - 21 days prior to your booked date requires a $50 fee. No rescheduling will be allowed within 10 days of your booked date.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 122 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailFrom: $95Avg Rating of: 4-half(47)
- Chocolate, Desserts & Wine TourFrom: $59Avg Rating of: 4-half(26)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $139Avg Rating of: 5(32)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $549Avg Rating of: 5(24)
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourFrom: $125Avg Rating of: 4-half(29)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(13)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $152Avg Rating of: 4-half(16)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $350Avg Rating of: 5(9)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- All New York Experiences
"Mark was very good both in his knowledge as a chef and in interacting with others. He was complementary and engaged throughout the evening, and I would recommend him to others looking for a similar cooking experience."
"My husband purchased the cooking experience for me and three friends. Chef Mark was amazing, knowledgeable, friendly, funny and I would recommend him and have recommended Cloud9living to many people. The experience was unforgettable. Sincerely, Dawn"