Hunter Mountain - Departs from New York City
Mid-December through March:
Friday, Saturday & Sunday -7:00 AM and 7:30 AM
*Meeting time depends on pick up location
- Enjoy the day with a top rated experience provider on TripAdvisor
- Tour includes an all area lift ticket, equipment rental ticket (if selected), staff to guide you and a hot beverage
- Round-trip transportation from New York City provided
- Hunter Mountain has terrain for everyone, whether you are a beginner, or a total pro!
Get ready for a fun day of skiing or snowboarding on the slopes of Hunter Mountain. With the groomed runs and epic terrain park it really makes for the best day away from New York City!
The day starts in NYC, where you'll board the bus and head to the mountain. Once you arrive at Hunter Mountain you will receive an all area lift ticket, equipment rental ticket (if selected), and a hot drink ticket. The guides are there to guide you, but you can explore the mountain on your own. Hunter Mountain has terrain for anyone, whether you are a beginner, or a total pro.
Affordable lessons are available on the day of the experience if you'd like to learn or improve your skiing or snowboarding skills.
This full day trip includes:
- An all area lift ticket
- Ski or snowboard rental with boots and helmet (if selected)
- One hot beverage voucher per person
- Round-trip transportation from NYC
- Experienced staff to guide you
- You may also purchase a small-group lesson add-on for $20 on the day of the experience
- Must be at least 18 years old with valid photo ID to participate
- Tour includes round-trip transportation from NYC, an all area lift ticket, equipment rental ticket (if selected as your package) and a hot beverage
- Pick-up locations in the Lower East Side or Hell's Kitchen area
- 90-minute lessons are available for just $20 (subject to change), you can purchase lessons when you arrive at Hunter Mountain the day of the trip
The tour will last 11-12 hours in total.
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 50 per tour. For groups larger than 4 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those booked on the tour.
This experience is weather/snow dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear ski clothing appropriate for the weather conditions. It is recommended to wear ski pants, a ski jacket, a helmet (helmet is included in the rentals), gloves and goggles.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 2 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no cancellations can be made. You may reschedule your experience up to 14 days prior to your booked date at no charge. Rescheduling within 14 days of your booked experience will result in a fee of $20 per person, subject to availability. Rescheduling within 72 hours of your booked experience will result in a fee of $35 per person, subject to availability.
Is lunch included?
No, lunch is not included. It is recommended to bring cash or a credit card for lunch at the mountain. There are multiple food options available at the mountain.
What time do we leave Hunter Mountain?
You will leave the mountain at 4:00 PM. The ride back is around 2.5 hours, depending on weather and traffic conditions.
Are there lockers available at the mountain?
Yes, there are lockers for use at the lesson center right after you go through the rental line. You can also leave some things on the bus, as it will be safely secured for the entire day.
Are lessons available for purchase?
Yes, 90-minute lessons are available for purchase when you arrive at Hunter Mountain the day of your trip. Just talk to your guide and they will help point you to the lesson center.
Do I need to know how to ski or snowboard in order to go?
No, Hunter Mountain has terrain for anyone, whether you are a beginner, or a total pro. If you are a beginner it is recommended to purchase the $20 (subject to change) group lesson ticket on the day of the experience.
Can I take the bus up on one day and the bus back on another?
Unfortunately the bus transportation is only valid for use within a single day. This is to ensure that all participants have available seats for the return journey to NYC.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 129 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences