Raceway Park - Englishtown, NJ
Select Dates Only:
Friday - June 17, 2016
Friday - August 19, 2016
*2017 dates to be announced
- Your experience will start with a safety orientation followed by a quik demo run down the track in the club van
- A crew member will get you belted in and ready to go as you pull a smoky burnout, stage the car and launch from the start line
- Learn from the best - school founded by Drag Racing legend Doug Foley
- If you've always dreamed of driving a dragster, this is your chance!
It's your turn to experience the thrill of driving a dragster!
Your experience starts with a classroom orientation session where you will learn basic safety precautions and operational procedures. Then you'll head out to the track for a quick demo run and a ride down the track with an instructor in the club van.
Now it's time to "start your engines" as a crew member gets you all belted in and ready to go. As soon as your foot hits the pedal, get ready to leave everyone in the dust as your car accelerates to speeds well over 100 MPH in just seconds!
Packages offer 2, 3 or 4 runs. The first run consists of a long, smokey burnout launching the car and a 330-foot pass. The distance of the second run will be 1/8 mile. For those with 3 or 4 run packages, the third and fourth runs will be the full 1/4 mile distance, and you can expect to hit speeds over 130 MPH!
Bonus Ride Along Options: Choose an option with the Bonus Thrill Ride and ride as a passenger in a 2-seat dragster with a professional driver behind the wheel.
About Raceway Park: Known as one of the most exhilarating drag racing venues in the world by racing enthusiasts and drivers alike, New Jersey Motorsports Park boasts the finest in timing, track maintenance equipment and unrelenting record-setting performances. Check it out for yourself and discover what its like to race on a pro drag racing track!
Racing doesn't get any better than this!
- 2017 dates to be announced
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age and possess a valid driver's license
- Height requirement is 5'0" - 6'5" tall; weight is 100 - 325 pounds
- Individuals must be capable of getting in and out of the dragster on their own
- Participants are required to sign a Liability Release Form and participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to sign the waiver
Choose from 2, 3 or 4 runs, with or without a bonus Thrill Ride. The entire experience will last approximately half of the day.
1 participant per car
Yes! We encourage you to bring friends and family to watch; don't forget a camera!
This experience is weather dependent, however, classes may run on a rain delay. In the event or a cancellation due to inclement weather, the experience provider will reschedule your reservation at no cost. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress comfortably, flat rubber-soled shoes and layers are recommended for this experience. You will be provided with all racing gear except shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. Any rescheduling prior to 30 days before a scheduled date will be subject to a $50.00 administration fee. No rescheduling will be allowed within 30 days of your confirmed date.
Do I need to know how to drive manual transmission (stickshift)?
No, all of the cars are automatic transmission.
Can spectators sit in on the orientation class?
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 130 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences
"It was a birthday present from my mom. It was an awesome experience."
"Overall very enjoyable. The basic driving experience is a 1/8 mile run, which limits the speed you can reach -- but dragsters are all about acceleration, and you will feel it! You can also pay extra for additional runs, the full experience (1/4 mile run), etc. Worth it if you just gotta have more of that great acceleration, but I was happy with the 1/4 mile ride-along and two 1/8 mile runs. I paid for the video too, which is recorded on a memory stick. There was audio on the drives, but no audio on the ride-along. Probably not supposed to be like that. There will likely be a few hours between the time you're booked for and your actual drive(s). There is no shaded seating except for the classroom. You and any guests stand in the shade or sit in the sun while waiting. Getting out of the dragster is not easy. If you take the Pure Speed survey, finish it quickly or you will be timed out without warning. "
"That was an amazing experience to drive a dragster for 3 runs! The staff and crew at Doug Foley's was so helpful and very friendly! I would recommend this to anyone interested in a thrill ride!"