Raceway Park - Englishtown, NJ
Select dates only:
Click here for schedule
- Your experience will start with a safety orientation followed by a quick demo run down the track in the club van
- A crew member will get you belted in and ready to go as you pull a smoky burnout, stage the car and launch from the start line
- Learn from the best - school founded by Drag Racing legend Doug Foley
- If you've always dreamed of driving a dragster, this is your chance!
It's your turn to experience the thrill of driving a dragster!
Your experience starts with a classroom orientation session where you will learn basic safety precautions and operational procedures. Then you'll head out to the track for a quick demo run and a ride down the track with an instructor in the club van.
Now it's time to "start your engines" as a crew member gets you all belted in and ready to go. As soon as your foot hits the pedal, get ready to leave everyone in the dust as your car accelerates to speeds well over 100 mph in just seconds!
Packages offer 2, 3 or 4 runs. The first run consists of a long, smokey burnout launching the car and a 330-foot pass. The distance of the second run will be 1/8 mile. For those with 3 or 4 run packages, the third and fourth runs will be the full 1/4 mile distance, and you can expect to hit speeds over 130 MPH!
Bonus Ride Along Options: Choose an option with the Bonus Thrill Ride and ride as a passenger in a 2-seat dragster with a professional driver behind the wheel.
About Raceway Park: Known as one of the most exhilarating drag racing venues in the world by racing enthusiasts and drivers alike, New Jersey Motorsports Park boasts the finest in timing, track maintenance equipment and unrelenting record-setting performances. Check it out for yourself and discover what it’s like to race on a pro drag racing track!
Racing doesn't get any better than this!
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age and possess a valid driver's license
- Height requirement is 5'0" - 6'5" tall; weight 100 - 325 pounds
- Individuals must be capable of getting in and out of the dragster on his/her own
- Participants required to sign a Liability Release Form; participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to sign the waiver
Choose from 2, 3 or 4 runs, with or without a bonus Thrill Ride. The entire experience will last approximately half of the day.
1 participant per car
Yes! We encourage you to bring friends and family to watch; don't forget a camera!
This experience is weather dependent, however, classes may run in the rain. In the event or a cancellation due to inclement weather, the experience provider will reschedule your reservation at no cost. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress comfortably, flat rubber-soled shoes and layers are recommended for this experience. You will be provided with all racing gear except shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. Any rescheduling prior to 30 days before a scheduled date will be subject to a $50.00 administration fee. No rescheduling will be allowed within 30 days of your confirmed date.
Do I need to know how to drive manual transmission (stickshift)?
No, all of the cars are automatic transmission.
Can spectators sit in on the orientation class?
Yes, friends and family are welcome to sit in on the orientation class.
Are there age requirements?
All participants must be at least 16 years of age and possess a valid driver's license. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to sign a Liability Release Form.
Are there physical requirements?
Participants must be between 5'0" - 6'5" tall, weigh between 100 - 325 pounds and be capable of getting in and out of the dragster on their own.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 119 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailFrom: $115Avg Rating of: 4-half(42)
- Chocolate, Desserts & Wine TourFrom: $79Avg Rating of: 4-half(23)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $139Avg Rating of: 5(30)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $549Avg Rating of: 4-half(21)
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourFrom: $125Avg Rating of: 4-half(19)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(10)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $180Avg Rating of: 4-half(15)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $380Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- All New York Experiences
"That was an amazing experience to drive a dragster for 3 runs! The staff and crew at Doug Foley's was so helpful and very friendly! I would recommend this to anyone interested in a thrill ride!"
"The Drive a Dragster experience was by far the most fun I have ever had behind the wheel of any vehicle ever and honestly can't wait to do it again because I will certainly do it at least one more time. The instructors were extremely knowledgeable and helpful but also very personable. It was easy to tell that they have as much fun with it as anyone that is there for the experience. To me it almost seemed like they were there for their own enjoyment instead of treating it like a job, which in turn made it even more enjoyable for me if it were even possible to be more of a great experience. Thanks Cloud 9"