Friday Night Lights Bike Tour
New York, NY
March through December:
Fridays - 6:00 PM
Experience a bike tour of New York at its best - on a Friday night!
- Your friendly and knowledgeable tour provider was ranked #3 out of 835 attractions in New York City on tripadvisor.com
- Explore neighborhoods including the East Village, Greenwich Village and the Meatpacking District; bike over the Brooklyn Bridge, take in Times Square and ride right down Broadway
- Explore New York's nightlife from a whole new perspective!
Your Friday Night Lights tour begins with a ride through the historic East Village and Lower East Side, traditionally the immigrant enclave of New York and now one of the city's hottest spots for nightlife.
Next, you'll ride the bike path over the immortal Brooklyn Bridge and take in breathtaking views of Lower Manhattan. Then, you'll plunge back into the heart of Manhattan - the Financial District.
Visit legendary sites including the favored drinking hole of some of America's founding fathers and the site of George Washington's toast celebrating the end of the Revolutionary War.
Further west, enjoy the dazzling light of the New York Harbor and the Statue of Liberty along a waterfront path. Then it's off to Times Square - all lit up and full of excitement!
You'll finish by riding straight down Broadway on one of the city's newest bike lanes, a favorite among cyclists.
- Includes bike rental, helmet, reflective vest, front and back bike lights, and a licensed guide.
- Guides are Safety Certified with the American Red Cross for CPR & First Aid, and members of the League of American Bicyclists.
- The tours are provided by a member of the NYC & Company Tourism Bureau.
- Food and drinks are not included.
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included and is appreciated if you enjoyed your tour.
The total duration of this tour is 6 hours. You will bike for approximately 15 miles at a leisurely pace with several stops along the way.
Total group size varies, with a maximum of 15 riders per tour.
This is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and closed-toed shoes appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellation and rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Can I bring my own bike?
Yes you can bring your own bike as long as it is equipped with a proper front and rear light.
What happens if I have a problem on the ride?
The staff have the tools and knowledge to repair a flat or fix a minor mechanical problem.If you cannot complete the ride, transportation will be arranged for you and the bike back to the starting location.
Do you have to be an athlete to enjoy the tour?
Not at all! You need only to feel comfortable on a bicycle and be in reasonable physical shape. Even if you have not ridden in years, or decades, bicycle riding is a skill you don't lose. Since we stop frequently for insights, questions, photos, bathroom breaks as well as snacks, are standard tours are easy paced averaging about 4 miles per hour!
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 125 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(57)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(35)From: $125
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $200
- All New York Experiences
"Our tour was great, we had the best time. All thanks go to our wonderful guide, George. Our safety was a top priority to George and his assistant. We learned so much on this tour. In fact, when we would stop at a point of interest, many people walking along would remain just to listen and learn from our very informed guide. It was so much fun. "
"Very well planned and organized Friday Night bicycle tour of lower Manhattan. Tour experience was well described by the Cloud 9 and Bike the Big Apple web sites. Tour guide Johannes Weinkirn was excellent - well prepared, highly knowledgeable, humorous, friendly, and experienced. Definitely a wonderful gift experience."
"We had a great time. Our guides were friendly and had a great sense of humor. We learned some interesting facts about the city and were able to go to places in the city that we had not been to yet. I have already recommended this tour to several people I know. Thank you again. -Laura ONeil"