Hudson River White Water Rafting
Hudson River - North River, NY
April - October:
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday - 9:00 AM
- Guiding rafting trips for over 28 years
- Cover over 17 miles, which is the longest stretch of whitewater in New York
- Rated a "Top 10" spring time rafting trip by Outside Magazine
- BBQ lunch provided
- No experience necessary
You're zooming through whitewater and paddling like mad to avoid an oncoming rock formation. Water is rushing all around your face and you can just barely find the line to cut through to the other side before you're at it again.
Experience the excitement and adrenaline of white water rafting on this full day adventure to the Hudson River in North River, NY.
Your 17 mile wilderness rafting adventure through the Hudson River Gorge combines the longest stretch of whitewater in New York and beautiful Adirondack scenery.
In fact, the Hudson River is such a great spot for rafting Outside Magazine rated it one of the Top 10 springtime rafting trips in the country.
After your adventure, it's time to enjoy our famous chicken BBQ as you tell stories of barely missed obstacles and going swimming in the rapids with your new friends.
- Participants must be at least 8 years of age from June through October, 14 years of age in May and 18 years of age in April
- All necessary equipment is provided including quality rafts, paddles, life jackets and helmets
- A post rafting BBQ is included
- The rapids are class III and are longer continuous rapids on this river
Up to 6 per boat
This experience is only for those on the rafts.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear wool or synthetic non-cotton undergarments. Wool or latex gloves and a wool hat and socks are also recommended. Wet suits may be rented for an additional cost.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are wetsuits included?
Spring rafting conditions can be chilly. Wetsuits are recommended and can be rented for an additional cost.
Are lockers provided?
Lockers are not provided, but it is recommended to lock everything in your car and then leave your keys in the secure spot provided at the river outpost before floating.
What is included in the price of the experience?
All necessary equipment is provided including quality rafts, paddles, life jackets and helmets.
Is there an age restriction?
Participants must be at least 8 years of age from June through October, 14 years of age in May and 18 years of age in April.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 130 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences
"We had so much fun white water rafting. The company was so professional and accommodating. There are a lot of rating companies in the area but they are by far the best! They serve food and beer at the end of the day, too. :)"
"I love the Hudson River rafting experience. I felt extremely safe with our experienced guide, even though it was my first time rafting. It is definitely an active experience, which I loved! We paddled our way through the white water, but also had a chance to relax and swim. Some parts of the river are truly spectacular. It really is an experience to be in almost complete wilderness, floating down a river. Overall, I would definitely recommend it. It is well-organized, the guides are extremely knowledgeable, it's truly worth your money, and it's a great intro to white water rafting if you go in the month of June! "
"We went White Water Rafting on the Hudson and our experience couldn't have been better. We had to re-schedule our initial trip and the staff at ARO was so friendly and accommodating. The entire staff was fun and knowledgeable. It was a great experience that I would recommend to anyone, regardless of age. They have a great photographer as well that shoots amazing action shots as you raft. We were able to get them on a disk before we left. The feast they provide after the trip is worth a mention as well!"