Improv Classes in New York
New York, NY - Midtown
8 week sessions run seasonally
Click here for schedule
- Perfect for actors honing your performance skills
- Helps professionals with their ability to think on their feet
- An outstanding creative outlet
- Improve your comfort at performing in front of groups in a fun and encouraging atmosphere
We have 3 different levels of Improv courses designed to fit whatever your interests and experience level are. Whether you are new to Improv and looking to improve your comfort performing in front of groups, or are an experienced improviser looking to get precise feedback and individual attention to hone your skills, we have a program for you.
Level 1: Intro To Improv is the ideal class for anyone who wants to try their hand at improv, think more creatively, and be better able to express themselves to others. The class covers the basics of improv: listening, "yes, and..." agreement, making active choices, finding patterns, building upon ideas and unlocking creativity.
Level 2: Beyond The Basics picks up where Level 1 leaves off, introducing additional techniques to help students further refine skills and put them into practice. A series of improv exercises and forms foster the creativity and performing skills that are at the core of good scene- and character work.
Level 3: Advanced Scenework Techniques takes students with a strong grasp of improv fundamentals and sharpens them into an ensemble. The class takes a group-minded approach and focuses students on supporting and playing off their fellow players, as you sharpen your individual skills.
Students must be 18 years of age. All levels are welcome.
Classes are 8 weeks long in 2.5 hour sessions.
Class sizes have between 6 & 15 students. A minimum of 6 students is required for this experience to run.
This experience takes place indoors and is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Casual attire is best
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance of intended date of use.
Provided your spot can be filled, you may be able to reschedule or receive a refund for another experience if your request is received 21 days prior to the first class. However, failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 21 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 129 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences